Sign in to follow this  
TOMMY TUNES

WINTER: My fourth favorite season

ter2   

We have had some bitterly cold days here.....the past few days have been sunny and in the 30s with just slight winds.  Amazing how balmy it feels!  Love the extra energy it brings as well....

today, unfortunately looks like it is back to gray......

Terri

• Like 5

Nancy   

It's -13 here in the "Great White North"..........Brrr! BUT....on a more positive note! It's "sunny" and.......it's nice to see

you back TOMMY TUNES!.... :)

Warm Regards,

~~~Nancy.~~~

P.S.......My Facebook messages...........Go figure....I can't change the "time zone" either!...... ;)

• Like 6

ter2   

You make me feel better Nancy!  We've had a few of those below zero days!  On Sunday though, we were actually running around without jackets and thinking spring was on its way....

.....my son had a formal on Saturday and we took outdoor pictures around a historic home (outside) and a train depot. It was fun and we really couldn't come up with a pretty indoor spot that was public.   We may have gone a little too far though, the wind was chilly that day!  

The girls were in very beautiful sleeveless gowns.... they were really troopers and our pictures were unique! (pretty contrast with the snow!).  Thank goodness for warm cars!

Do we really have February and March yet?

and no vacations planned.......

sigh!

Terri

• Like 6

You guys and girls are so far north and I am living below sea level.  Still, it's been in the 30s in N.O. a few times already.  My son Paul cannot wait to get back to D.C., the cold weather, mountain climbing and ski trips.  He loves the snow and cold weather after living in Albany, NY for law school and in D.C. for almost 10 years now total...he is officially a yankee now...he doesn't have to drive in D.C. and primarily takes the Metro which helps, I'm sure. 

Hope everyone is staying safe and reasonably warm.

• Like 4

ter2   

Good for your son, Paul!  I'm always envious of those who love the snow so much!  My brother is the same - retired, and yet skis everyday in Colorado!  I've tried skiing, skating - and although I do sometimes still do those things, I just don't have the passion!  Last year it was snowshoes and this year we bought stuff for ice fishing!  We keep meaning to go.....then, when we get a few days of "warmer" the warnings about thawing lake ice start coming out! ( I believe it is more for driving on the ice though).

I have heard the crappies are biting!  Will that get me hooked??? :)  I might need one of those fancy ice houses!

Terri

• Like 5

marlene   

Being a Colorado mountain girl, I'm definitely one of the cold weather lovers! :heartpump:  I go back home as often as I can to get my mountain, wildlife, snow fix.  

M.E., It's funny you say Paul can't wait to get back to the cold in DC, because I keep wondering where the cold and snow IS !! lol   :haha:  

I guess it's a good thing we don't all want the same climate, right ? :)  

• Like 5

AnneNR   

From the inside of a Swiss-type chalet cabin, curled up on a overstuffed sofa or chaise with soft throw over the legs, novel in hand and in the reading position, with LARGE mug of hot chocolate or cocoa with those mini marshmallows floating around in it, in front of a huge stone fireplace complete with crackling fire, and a huge plate glass picture window to view the lovely Lake Tahoe in the snow in the dead of winter --- that's my idea of spending time in the cold, which doesn't include actually going out into it! :P

You snow country people are braver than I am!   Twenty-six feet above sea level, but in a valley area between mountain and hill ranges in the lower bay area, we get some pretty chilly winds whip through --- but nothing like the real northerners have to deal with.  I don't know how you guys manage it.

And I too, am glad we don't all like the same climates, Marlene.  :D

AnneNR

• Like 6

Nancy   

Well.......this winter alone....."we" have seen the temperature drop to around -21 and that's without the wind chill

factor that would probably make it feel MORE like - 29.....Heck, that's bad ass cold!.... :blink:....And being a born and raised

Canadian "we" are use to the cold......but.....on the other hand, I don't think too many of us would REALLY love that!

I have always said....."to each their own"........but with those cold temps, I'm afraid I'll have to agree with Anne about a warm

Chalet with a blazing fireplace.....but Anne, I'd rather have a glass of red wine in my hand, that good, handsome, beautiful man by

my side.... ;) and.......a hot tub close by!....Yeah!....Thinking THAT would be the good life and.......THAT'S exactly what I'm

thinking about right NOW with my cold feet and all!...... :)....Anyways........lets see what tomorrow brings,

eh!........... :grin:  :grin:

~~~Nancy.~~~

• Like 6

AnneNR   

Well, My Girl, my hubby is there in the chalet, too, but until late in the evening he would probably be on Hamm radios connecting with other Hamms all over the world . . . :P !!  And hubby would agree with you about the RED wine, definitely --- that's his beverage of choice ( I had to give up alcohol ).

And Teresa, I really don't think steam from a canine's anal orifice says much except maybe he's got a lot of gas to get rid of --- now it would be different if your dog was pharting ice cubes !!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

AnneNR

• Like 5

I'll take winter over the sweltering puke hot, hazy, humid days of summer any day. Of course, I'm talking about a Southern winter — I don't know how you guys north of the Mason-Dixie line do it.

For giggles, I put International Falls, Minn., in my phone to check at an instant. Brrrrrr! It would be a dream in the summertime, though. Maybe that's where I'll build my summer home when I win the lottery ...

Cheryl

• Like 5

GirlFan   

I know it gets cold here in Canada but then on the other hand I'd rather have winter than summer because I'm used to the cold weather and it doesn't bother me to much except that I don't like it when it rains outside----Tammy Quick

• Like 4

My favorite seasons are spring and fall with temps in the 60's and 70's.  Winters average below freezing 32F.  But our summers can be very hot and humid with temps in the upper 80's 90's.  Here is southwestern Ontario, weather is very unpredictable because we are surrounded by the great lakes, Lake Huron, Michigan, Ontario and Lake Erie.  So depending on which way the wind blows you're going pick up moisture.  Lately we've experience these Polar Vortex fronts dropping temperatures to as low as -22F. Now that's freakin cold.  I was in Manitoba a few years back and it was -40F.........I'll never go back there in winter again!

• Like 4

Nancy   

Swoar I'd NEVER go back to Calgary, Alberta, again for THAT same reason Teresa 1960!......As for me personally, I guess

I'm the loner on here because I do LOVE the summer the best, just NOT the humidity that sometimes comes with it here! 

"We" have pic-nic's out side, go for long walks....and go to the park!.....I guess that's the kid in me but most of all everybody

seems so much friendlier then and people seem to have more family gatherings with barbecuing and all!.......Heck THAT'S me!

Yeah!.... :)

~~~Nancy.~~~

P.S....Just DON"T ask me to put a bathing suit on, that's all!.......Ha, ha!..........NOT happening.... :haha:  :haha:

• Like 2

darlene   

Ah, come on Tunesy! You know that if there were no Winter, we would never appreciate Spring. ;) Besides, a virile, exciting man like you has the perfect excuse to SNUGGLE with your lady of choice. Now THAT'S a good reason to love Winter.

Wishing you a GREAT Winter! ;)

:)--Love, :heartpump:    Dar

• Like 3

Nancy, were you speaking Celsius or Fahrenheit? (Some of our neighbors to the south may believe we all live in igloos, born with ice skates and parkas!)

One year on my sixth birthday, it was early March I was on our back porch in a short-sleeved dress, and loving every moment. The next year, April, icicles were on the trees.

Southern Ontario has four seasons within three months. We always wonder what to wear tomorrow.

I'm trying very hard to forget the summers of 1991 to 1993. Two babies with me in an extremely hot, humid apartment.

These past three years, no skiers were happy campers.

I agree with Teresa, as well, although we don't make it. We just take it. Reminds me of that movie where a girls manages to take Santa's weather making machine and it snows and snows in one of the warmest states and there are traffic jams.