Sign in to follow this  
Katub

Disgusting Romantic

Katub   

Hi EC fans,

I'm new to this website, but not a new Eric Carmen fan.  I remember the first time I heard Eric's voice, I was 13 years old.  "Go All The Way" came on the radio.  I wasn't even sure what it meant.  I just remember that I loved it, and from that moment on, I was hooked.  His voice, his music, his lyrics are all so amazing.  Sometimes his songs make me cry; they're so romantic and loving.  I lost my husband a couple of years ago in an auto accident, and some of Eric's songs remind me of him - in a good way.  I love the fact that Eric considers himself a disgusting romantic (from the GMA interview with Joan Lunden - a few years back), because so am I.

I've never joined a fan-based website before, so this is a first for me.  I hope someday to see Eric in person.  I love his new stuff, especially "Brand New Year", which really touches my heart.  I saw the 7 Minutes with Russ Mitchell interview, and Eric's comment of "we're talking about it" as to whether he would go on the road again, gives me hope.  I live in Virginia and would drive or fly to Ohio or anywhere if he had an upcoming gig.  The problem is getting tickets before they sell out.  Does anyone know if he has anything planned in the future?  I'm still catching up on all the info on EC.com, so if it's out there that he does have something planned, forgive the redundancy.

Cheers!
Kelly

P.S.  My "Raspberries Tonight!" book just came today.  I know what I'm doing tonight (well at least part of the night)!  ;)

• Like 11

GirlFan   

Welcome to the EC Community Katub I know I've just been a Eric Carmen fan for almost 5 and half years but when I first saw him in the Dirty Dancing concert on DVD back then I was pretty hooked too because Eric is so hot---Tammy Quick

• Like 7

Katub,

Everyone here—past and present—discovered Eric's music in a very personal way. Somehow it spoke to us. And over the years, we've developed a nice dedicated Community of fans who feel something special when an Eric Carmen song is playing.

You're one of us! Welcome!

Bernie

• Like 7

ter2   

Hi Kelly!

Welcome!  I'm pretty new here as well, but I can say that there are a great group of people here!  I truly have been impressed with the dedication to EC, musical knowledge, and overall interests that have been presented! I learn something every time I'm on!

Terri

• Like 4

Nancy   

**Welcome** aboard Kelly!!!  I'm thinking, in time, you may also find out WHY we all gravitate here! And "welcome" to our little world where "we" all call it our comfort zone AND.... last but not lease, "our home"!........ :)

Warm Regards,

~~~Nancy.~~~

• Like 4

redd   

Greetings, Kelly!

Thanks for sharing your memories of Eric/Raspberries. I can identify! When I heard GATW for the 1st time, I was just a teenybopper & was immediately HOOKED <3

Stumbling across this site was my lucky day...Looking forward to reading your posts!

Sincerely,

redd :)

• Like 4