ira

GREAT "LIVE" OLDER ACTS!

ira   

What acts have you seen that are still GREAT though they are 60+..?

With my dear friend Valorie of Thunder Bay Canada in mind...(Home of Valorie and Paul Schaefer)...I present the GREAT Burton Cummings!

(Burton by the way...ALWAYS reminded me of Sir Paul and Sir Eric...

all of whom sound beautiful when singing ballads and astonishing singing  "Rockers"..See "American Woman" for further edification... B) )

• Like 4

ira   

I happened across this just now...Breathes new beauty into a GREAT song by the GREAT John Stewart performed originally by the much loved Davey Jones...Enjoy!

• Like 5

ira   

Susie...How does a thirtysomething like you remember Tito Puente and Burton Cummings....?

Youtube...Facebook..I guess there are now SO many ways for you "Young-ins" to learn about Rock History.. :D

• Like 1

Though Eric is of course my all-time fave male singer, I have seen Taj Mahal a couple of times.  Last time was at the Blue Note in NYC which is such a great venue with the best music.  Was able to meet Taj who is very cool ideed. 

• Like 2

ira   

Alright Susie...Let's go a little further back...

Lenny Welch was incredible..and like so many UBER-Talents...shoulda been a contender...BUT..S%#T Happens..

His live performances are GREAT..and he's SO nice..

I think he gave my Beverly goose bumps when we saw him last year..and still...

I found it in my heart to forgive him... :)

• Like 2

Well, I can understand why you'd need to forgive Beverly...this guy would give me goosebumps too.

Although one of these guys is not within the age range (Darian), wouldn't it be nice to see these guys perform?

Wayne has already given Eric a waiver if I get goosebumps when he sings.  If Wayne wants to be married to me, he has to.  ;)
  • Like 3

ira   

Cayenne...Darian is GREAT..I know HE basically put "Smile" together...I kinda think that he makes Brian look good..

Susie..Beach Boys 50th..like Raspberries Reunion were SERIOUSLY religious experiences for me!

• Like 1

ira   

Alright..Susie..I"m NOT gonna apologize for posting THIS tangent...I HATE THIS TUNE..BUT..the devil made me do it.. ;) ..

• Like 5

ira   

No Cayenne...knowing you hate "Disney Girls"...I'm kinda afraid to admit to you that I love puppies and recycling... ;)

Now you are talking my musical language. :rolleyes::heartpump:

I am just more of a flower child type than a Disney Girl, LOL!  I love puppies, kittens (young and old) and recycling too.

Hey, "Seniors Performing Live" could be a band name, right?

Ira..Burton I would pay to see forever..he is not only a great singer, but quite entertaining (just like you ;) )

You guys have posted some greats but the last one I saw...Johnny Rivers...he was still Rockin ...(sorry forget how to post a video lil help please lol)

• Like 1

ira   

Valorie..(Canadianchick..to you folks who don't speak Canadian)...Here's Johnny from his 70th Birthday party that you and I and Beverly and some former friends saw at B.B. Kings in NYC...

He was pretty good EY ?...

(Again...For those of you who don't speak Canadian...Translation..."He was pretty good...Huh ?)

• Like 6