ira

"Add Some Music"

ira   

After a sometime tempestuous year at EC.com...I thought it would be fun to post songs that celebrate "Music"...to kick off the coming year!!

...'cause isn't that what brought us all here in the first place... :wub: ?

• Like 7

susie b   

Good thought, Ira!!!

Here's one of my favorites by my two of my favorite acts!!!!!!!

Just LOVE Carl's voice...Ronnie's, too!

The Beach Boy's version gets the CD repeat button a lot when I'm in the car!
Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!!!!

The original Ronette's single:
  • Like 5

After a sometime tempestuous year at EC.com...I thought it would be fun to post songs that celebrate "Music"...to kick off the coming year!!

...'cause isn't that what brought us all here in the first place... :wub: ?

">
  • Like 3

ira   

Please Believe Me...

I probably saw her do this on the Ed Sullivan Show...BUT it was ALREADY an Oldie ...I swear... :mellow: !!

Even I wasn't listening to music when this was brand-spankin' new...

BTW Susie...Great " Musical Set"...Thanks!

• Like 2

ira   

DUHH!!..

I kinda sorta remembered that our own dear Eric did a song that celebrates music...kinda sorta... :huh:...

• Like 6

susie b   

These two are for our own Mad Man, Bernie.

:)

Although, I'd prefer to think that he would have worked with Darren & Larry at McMann & Tate!

• Like 2

ira   

Beautiful stuff  Susie..

I DARE anyone to watch this...AND THEN yell at your mate for not taking out the garbage or forgetting to get 3 Sweet and Sour Sauces with your Chinese Restaurant Take-Out Order!!!.. :angry:

• Like 3

ira   

Susie..If your date tries anything funny...you tell him that your scrawny 63 year old music-lovin' Jewish Friend will be VERY angry...

AND...You don't wanna make him angry... :angry: ..HMMM!

• Like 1

ira   

Here are two of my favorite  Jewish "Lantzmen"..meaning from my land or my town or my background..REALLY Yiddish conception  of "Paisan"..

Mama Cass...(Naomi Cohen) and Sammy Davis Jr.

• Like 4

susie b   

Well, dear and noble Sir Ira, you are and always shall be my Stud Bran Muffin, so pure and unspoiled...
The perfect specimen of gallant manhood, but alas, your true heart belongs to another, the fair Lady Beverly.
For the sake of your lady love, your safety may not be put at risk.

Since King James has gone a-Maying with the Lady Hillary, yes, this is the TRUE reason that he has left the board,
the harem has been getting restless. Girls have needs!

We pondered to call upon the gallant and noble Sir Lew, but we understand that his beloved Lewisa has
just been returned to him from the bed of King James...the Lady Hillary ousted poor Lewisa in a jealous rage.
Greedy she-swine that she is, the Lady Hillary refused to share the affections of the King with either poor Lewisa or us,
his beloved courtesans. The Lady Hillary steadfastly refuses to acknowledge that King James cannot be satisfied by the love of only one woman.

So, in the absence of the King, we, the collective harem of King James have agreed to audition a local youth.
The lad is a troubadour of jazz! We shall see how he measures up against King James.

The Jazzman comes to us with high regard! He shows promise of proving himself worthy;
the lad has already serenaded us outside our bedroom window on Christmas morn.

Perhaps there is another gallant knight in the realm of King Eric the Great who shall depose the neglectful King James and free the harem.
Or perhaps said noble knight shall slay the evil Lady Hillary and break her spell to return to us our beloved King James...

because harem chicks dig James...

:-)

TO BE CONTINUED

I saw Marshall just a few weeks ago in a Champaign bar.I was a little disappointed that he didn't play this(but he did play everything else I wanted to hear)

• Like 1

susie b   

Seriously, Ira....

This thread is too fun!  Apologize for being a posting piggy, but I can't turn off my brain!

Here are the gallant knights from Queens armored in leather & denim trying their best to save Rock n Roll from banality...

• Like 2

susie b   

This Ramones Classic is where we ALL wanted to go to school!!!

Video version...
Sorry, gotta say it, Dee Dee is too cute in this video!

Film version...
  • Like 3