Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kirk

Orchestra 88 project

19 posts in this topic

Eric- I recently acquired an album by Orchestra 88 on the CAM USA label;  all of the songs are from your BRI catalog- done by this orchestra in a variety of styles- jazz, funk, blues, disco, pop, sometimes all in the same song!  So far, my favorite is their rendition of Boats Against The Current, with a tenor sax carrying the melody.

Do you remember this project?  Did you have any input?  If so, what?  A curious oddity of an album, to say the least!

Here's the track listing:

Side 1-
All By Myself
She Did It
Never Gonna Fall In Love Again
Let's Pretend
Boats Against The Current

Side 2-
Nowhere To Hide
Go All The Way
Love Is All That Matters
I Need You
Everything

6 people like this

I cannot find a date for this release...I was pleasantly surprised to hear the long version of "Everything".  I'm guessing late 70's for this pressing.  Really good stuff!

3 people like this

1978-01-14-eric_carmen-billboard.jpg

Hey, Kirk! Did you get this LP digitized? I'd love a copy. I dug up some research and found this article from Billboard dated January 14, 1978.

Bernie

1 person likes this

Good find, B!  I have not yet digitized any of my vinyl- I have an 'old school' turntable that just plays records.  My cd player is an old 'play only' single disc machine.  I guess I need to upgrade my system!  I used to have a dual cassette player for recording that no longer works...shows you how long it's been!  How about if I mail the album to you and you can send it back when you are done?  Kirk

Mmmm mmmm Good! I don't care what Generation Z, the millenials think, this is MUSIC, the real thing, composer and orchestra.

Makes one feel a lot better after one's room mate turns the thermostat up to 85F. I know winter returned with a vengeance, but really, the music made me feel a lot better.:)

11 hours ago, Raspbernie said:

Well, Thanks to Kurt (who lent me his copy for digitizing), we can all now "enjoy" the smooth sounds of Orchestra 88. Find the nearest elevator and check it out:

ORCHESTRA 88 - LOVE IS ALL THAT MATTERS

:o

Bernie

Who's Kurt;)

Kurt Cobain, Kurt Warner, yup, I looked all over the site and took many Kurts spoiled my broth tonight, so ask Kirk!<_< Very resourceful fellow.

Kirk for president after the impeachment!

kirk.jpg

Ha! Stupid self-correct doesn't know KIRK! :P

Bernie

1 person likes this

Hey Pretty mom...who do you want to impeach?  Can't impeach Eric, he is a private citizen.  Obama would have been my target, but he too is now a private citizen.  We have the first real President in many years, surely you do not refer to him.  GO TRUMP!!!!!

Trump is the man who needs to be impeached. The man is a businessman, gone bankrupt several times, grabbed woman by their privates, insulted minorities, and wants his closest neighbors to sell more resources to America with as little money as possible. Several states in the US depend on Canada, we sell our electricity to the north east part of America, and he plays all night on Twitter, insulting everybody, including one of his countries best friends.

The 25th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution states clearly that if the President is incapable of doing the job well i.e. mental of physical illness, acts of criminality, failure to reveal taxes, fraud, et al, the Vice President is next in line for the job of President. He owns a lot of property even in Canada! We need jobs and homes, and he does not care.

I'm near the border, and in 1972, Richard M. Nixon was impeached because he was found guilty of many wrong doings, like taping the opposition party's meetings.

Why do I know more American history than Canadian? We're having our 150th birthday this year, and America is over 100 years older than Canada.

Back to Orchestra 88 Project and music, please.

Captain Kirk hails from Montreal, Quebec, Canada.  Good shot anyway, Bernie.

William Shatner, dual citizen. Oh, brother...

Prettymom777 the answer on politics was for all or for me ?? Is that I do not know how to know when someone speaks to you or everyone