Sign in to follow this  
Kirk

Orchestra 88 Project

Kirk   

Eric- I recently acquired an album by Orchestra 88 on the CAM USA label;  all of the songs are from your BRI catalog- done by this orchestra in a variety of styles- jazz, funk, blues, disco, pop, sometimes all in the same song!  So far, my favorite is their rendition of Boats Against The Current, with a tenor sax carrying the melody.

Do you remember this project?  Did you have any input?  If so, what?  A curious oddity of an album, to say the least!

Here's the track listing:

Side 1-
All By Myself
She Did It
Never Gonna Fall In Love Again
Let's Pretend
Boats Against The Current

Side 2-
Nowhere To Hide
Go All The Way
Love Is All That Matters
I Need You
Everything

• Like 6

Kirk   

I cannot find a date for this release...I was pleasantly surprised to hear the long version of "Everything".  I'm guessing late 70's for this pressing.  Really good stuff!

• Like 3

1978-01-14-eric_carmen-billboard.jpg

Hey, Kirk! Did you get this LP digitized? I'd love a copy. I dug up some research and found this article from Billboard dated January 14, 1978.

Bernie

• Like 1

Kirk   

Good find, B!  I have not yet digitized any of my vinyl- I have an 'old school' turntable that just plays records.  My cd player is an old 'play only' single disc machine.  I guess I need to upgrade my system!  I used to have a dual cassette player for recording that no longer works...shows you how long it's been!  How about if I mail the album to you and you can send it back when you are done?  Kirk

Kirk   
On 3/13/2017 at 5:30 AM, Raspbernie said:

Well, Thanks to Kurt (who lent me his copy for digitizing), we can all now "enjoy" the smooth sounds of Orchestra 88.

Who's Kurt ;)