Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Footloosefan

Original movie version of Almost Paradise

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a question about a song that Eric Carmen wrote in the 80's.

I've been watching Footloose (1984) last weekend and I have noticed that de song "Almost Paradise" is played different in the movie.

Not only the music is played different, but there is also a instrumental solo in the background and I would like to have this version.

The only version that I can find (and I have bought in 1984 on LP soundtrack ) is the single version of this song preformed by Ann Wilson & Mike Reno.

Was there a release from the original movie version in the past or can I find this version anywhere?

Many thanks in advance for your answer.

Jodewa,

Belgium.

2 people like this

I don't have the movie but watching the movie scene on Youtube, I can't seem to notice a difference. 

1 person likes this

You'd need to ask EC when he pops in, and he does  I have no idea whether he and Mr. Pitchford were asked to write the score, but in my opinion, EC made it much better.

Source: Wikipedia (Give credit where credit is due).

"Almost Paradise... Love Theme from Footloose" is the title of a duet by singers Mike Reno of Loverboy and Heart's frontwoman Ann Wilson. It is one of two major hits written by singer Eric Carmen and co-written by Dean Pitchford, the other being Carmen's hit, "Make Me Lose Control."