raspathens

Robin Williams dead

AnneNR   

I just found an article about him ----

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/robin-williams-dead-of-apparent-suicide-at-63-231414092.html

The article talks about both depression and substance abuse.

I am so sad that he is gone.  He had a great show (The Crazy Ones) he was doing with Sara Michele Geller of "Buffy The Vampire" fame, and it outdid Michael J. Fox's new show in the ratings.  He will be missed terribly.

AnneNR

• Like 1

A fine line between genius and insanity. Robin always seemed to walk that, at least to me. He had to be one of the most talented people to ever grace this earth.

What makes someone want to leave his wife and family behind…as well as give up his own life to just end it all? My heart is a little bit heavier tonight over a man, I’ve never met…but who was so much a part of my life since I was a kid.

Rest in eternal peace, you comic genius. :heartpump:

• Like 3

James   

I loved him too.  You could always tell though he was not, or didn´t seem to be,  comfortable with himself.....

....the pain someone must be in to drive them to take their life is mind boggling to consider.  It´s a difficult world, it´s a difficult life.....we´ve all had more than we thought we could handle at times....how much more do others have on their plate?.....

.....we´ll never understand how difficult it must have been for a guy like Robin Williams...and many others like him.

A hug to you Robin, wherever you are tonight.  We´ll miss you,

James 

• Like 1

AnneNR   

I don't understand it either, Wendy-Ann.  Perhaps he truly didn't know how much those who enjoyed following his career would have wanted him to hang in there.  But we never truly know what goes on in someone's mind when they reach the depths of such sad considerations. 

I had a great uncle with substance abuse problems, and he tried to end his life with a bullet to the head.  He didn't succeed, but paid a price for the attempt in that he lost the use of one eye.  He also realized while trying to wrap his bleeding head in his wife's nearby bathrobe that he wanted to live, and prayed that someone would find him in time.  His wife did, and he never tried it again and relished every day thereafter until dying of natural causes.

I would have wished someone to be there to interrupt Mr. Williams' attempt.  Many such as I are saddened that he succeeded.  I wish him peace.

AnneNR

The mentally ill, in my experience, do not think about their loved ones and what impact their death will have on those they will leave behind.

They are focused on the emptiness and pain — and all they want is for it to stop.

Cheryl

One thing that definitely can be said about Robin Williams is that the "dash" between 1951-2014, sure wasn't wasted! Good for him. :)

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,

Old time is still a-flying:

And this same flower that smiles to-day

To-morrow will be dying.

• Like 2

LC   

It's really sad and even more unbelievable. He's been such a great presence in entertainment, and a laugh riot all these years. You'd watch him and just get the feeling that he was happy and together. Now we doubt will look at his work a little differently; what was going on that led to such a drastic act?