Ron Sutton

Vote for "Go All The Way"

AnneNR   

Good Lord, I finally got curious about "Cherry Bomb" and watched a Youtube presentation --- and I don't get it being in 1st place in the voting. 

The group looks like the one I might have seen in some movie that was kind of a biography about Joan Jett and a girl pal of hers before she made it big.   Ouch, harsh on the ears!  "Go All The Way" has more finesse, power chord energy, stylized vocals, and much sexier than those youngins on stage in their underwear.  They don't have enough curves to properly fill out the lingerie, so it looks like grade schoolers trying to look and act older, and failing miserably.

KEEP VOTING, GUYS!!!!   "Go All The Way" is by far the better song choice.   That's my UNhumble opinion.

AnneNR

• Like 1

James   

Funny, I wasn't familiar with "Cherry Bomb" back in its day.  The first time I heard it was a couple years ago when I was renting a ton of sub-titled movies to help me improve my Spanish, and I rented the movie about the Runaways.  I thought the song was silly, but at the same time I kinda loved it.  I couldn't explain why....maybe the goofy factor attracted me.

I think Wendy may be friends with the blond lead singer girl.  Wendy knows several celebrities I think. 

Anyway, please carry-on..

• Like 2

James   

No, I think it's more that I'm in reality a fist-pumping rebellious girl power type imprisoned in a stud's body.

That's probably it.

:)

• Like 1

I remember Wendy mentioning Cherrie Currie, the lead singer, when we worked together. I think Cherrie is married to the guy from Airplane, Robert Hayes. I barely remember The Runways, so I vote to kick them off of the top spot!

• Like 4

"Cherry Bomb" is a little overplayed and quite frankly a little over-rated. Part of it due to the subject and how well it fit the "jailbait" appeal of the girls. The band had many better tunes. Two of my favorite Runaways tunes:

Lita Ford kicks major ass on the guitar solo!

And for those more into the power pop thang:

Joan Jett rules on the lead vocal. Super-snarly. Love the tone of the lead guitar, too. The ending is Runaways version of Eric's "If You Change Your Mind." Super scream-fest! Wow!

Consider you non-Runaways believers schooled.

Now back to the contest, where Raspberries are starting to gain. Keep voting.

Bernie

• Like 3

AnneNR   

Thanks, Bernie, schooled but still not convinced.

"Jailbait" appeal is probably what was putting me off about these ladies.  I am a fan of Joan Jett after she went solo with the Blackhearts.  She looks a little "rode hard and put away wet" when I saw her recently on some show, but she can sure still deliver great vocals!!  ;)

AnneNR

6  6
__/

• Like 1

Hi James...Yes, I've known Cherie for almost 20 years now. She is a standup lady, a caring friend and has one rockin' voice.

I've had the pleasure of singing with her at one of her home parties, even though she's more "Rock" and I'm more "Sound of Music." At any given time when she hosts a party, some musician will break out a guitar and a sing-a-long will ensue. It is really cool! I always get to play "the egg." I am the Tracy Partridge of the bunch, sans triangle but with "the egg."
;)

I've met Joan Jett once, 4 years ago and she was the sweetest! She told me that the guitar she bought from Eric is "hidden away so no one can touch it." She plays it only on special occasions.

Now...having said all of that, I still want GATW to win. It's just a better song than "Cherry Bomb."

PS: She (Cherie) and Bob (Robert Hays) are divorced but are the BEST of friends. It's lovely to see. They have one son, Jake who is an amazing young man. Nice to see too!

• Like 2

James   

I'm kind of a hard rock fiend, but if I was on a deserted island, and had to choose between hard rock and "The Sound of Music", "The Sound of Music" would win out. ..even though Tony Cartmill would make fun of me.  :)

Richard Rogers = genius.

Ok,  back to stuffing the ballot boxes!..

• Like 3

Bessieboo, we are almost there - YES!!  

Let's please continue voting to overtake and keep GATW as the rightful No.1 rock song. 

E's and Rs' fans are #1 too.  ;)

• Like 2

Batman   

Cherry Bomb vs. Go All The Way??????    Gimme a break.  GATW is a power-pop anthem, musically its structure alone puts Cherry Bomb in the Stone Age!!

Holy Mis-match!!!!

• Like 5

liseli   

I was a junior in high school when the Runaways started to get media on the newsstands.  My friends and I were younger than they were!  It is cool to read about them years later.

I'm all for "Go All The Way"  doing well in the poll.  Maybe the poll has no end, and is just to generate attention  for the soundtrack album online(???)  It is hard to be sure that a poll that allows someone to vote once per hour is a kind of contest, because the results are so wobbly a view of the public.

• Like 2

I've put the Best of GOTG in my favorites and just try to remember to vote once per hour around the same time. 

Especially if this readers' poll goes on FOREVER, that's a lot of voting for GATW in any case.   ;)

• Like 1

LC   

This was such an incredible show of support for "Go All the Way" and Eric and Raspberries. I'm not sure when the voting ends, but to see "GATW" fly from low 20% up to mid-30% in about a week... amazing!

• Like 5