ira

A Brand New Passover

ira   

Not a religious guy myself....

But I like the message of Passover..

From Slavery to Freedom...

ALSO...The month of Nissan marks the true Jewish New Year..

SOO In conclusion..

Happy Passover and Happy Brand New Year.

• Like 5

MikeC   

Yes, ira. And the Afikoman, or Matzah, half is broken at the meal. 

And the other half is hidden. When someone finds it, later,

though it is rarely taught- Some believe, that looking back at the past,

both halves of the Afikoman

represent the broken body of the Messiah.

The most revered rabbi, over the last 100 years,

who is the most respected of them all, says this is Jesus, the messiah,

to other faiths. That he is the one who is being waited for.

• Like 1

I'm not very religious, myself, but I respect the tradition of all religions, and their ability to help people through the most difficult times.  That, to me, is the greatest purpose of "religion." It doesn't matter which one you believe. They are all right, and they are all wrong.  Near death experiences suggest that whatever you expected to see when you were alive, is what you will see in those last moments when your brain releases a flood of endorphins and painkillers. This, alone, to me, is proof of God. The pineal gland

is the most protected gland in the human brain. More protected , in it's own way, than the heart is protected by the rib cage and human anatomy. The pineal gland is the size of a grain of rice. It secretes a chemical responsible for the crazy dreams we all have, but in such tiny quantities that they are immeasurable, compared to the release at the moment of death. The comparison is a thimble full of pain killers versus a river full of pain killers. I can't think of anything in evolution ( and, believe me, I'm a "science guy" ) that could account for the pineal gland. I hate to break things down to something so basic, and silly, but it's the first irrefutable idea I have ever experienced when it comes to "proof of God." I'm a born sceptic, but this kind of makes me a believer. At the very least, it gives me a reason to hope that there really is something more than what we understand out there. Absent that hope, I can't think of a single reason for man to exist. Weird, that a gland the size of a grain of rice could give me hope I could never find anywhere else, except in music. Go figure!

Here's a starting point.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pineal_gland

• Like 6

Calcification of the Pineal gland is a big problem as we get older. Researchers believe that midlife depression is linked to that. The brain needs to be cleaned out with proper diet and a great night sleep (Cpap did that for me). The amount of sugar we put into our system these days harms our brain. Maybe the pineal gland is God's gift and assistance as we leave our bodies, often otherwise under unsure, scary and painful circumstances.

• Like 4

Eric, (& guys)

I enjoy reading about science so much and watching the show Cosmos.  I've thought about these things so much myself.  We are all made up of a little star dust after all.

Now I have to go read about this little gland after your interview...

When I crash for good, hope I'm hearing some Eric Carmen music...wishing for "Tonight" from my inner psychic radio.  :)

M.E.

p.s. juicing with veggie or fruit juices really will help with the sugar detox.

• Like 2

Kirk   

Eric, interesting read.  I'm glad you found a 'little something' to believe in.  Something as small as a grain of rice, something bigger than the cosmos- we all have to find our way.  Love Is All That Matters...   

I am a very religious girl. I feel my religion is right for me...if I didn’t, I wouldn’t follow it. However, I feel man-made dogma can be wrong. I am a follower of Jesus...a Rebbe (Yiddish for Rabbi, thanks Ira!), a prophet and I believe, the Son of God.

David...I really like how you phrased this: “Maybe the pineal gland is God's gift and assistance as we leave our bodies...†I totally agree. It appears that God in His infinite wisdom has handed us, even at death, an “awesome†experience.

I believe that when my beautiful sister, Maria, took that step from this life to the next, it was indeed amazing for her. My faith, a feeling I can’t explain, held so deep in my heart, tells me that at the moment she left this world...she reached out and took the hand of my Daddy who preceded her. I know there has to be more than “here.â€

I’m not knowledgeable about the pineal gland, but from some research, it does seem to be extremely interesting. I am by nature “logical†and logic dictates that we must be here for a reason and that reason does not end with our last breath.

Sometimes I wish the Good Lord would hand me undisputable proof of the “here after.†But I have found that many a time, God has to chisel through the harden shell of skepticism that sometimes surrounds us, and He must talk to us in a way that we alone may best understand...whether it is through a “feeling†of faith...or even the wonder of a “gland the size of a grain of rice.†Sometimes great things come in small packages.

Either way...as individuals, He speaks to us as such, and then and only then do we make the decision of what we will believe based on how He touches our hearts.

Anyway...

Happy Passover, Ira and all who celebrate...and Happy Jewish New Year, too!

• Like 3

ira   

Wendy..I just said the same to you on "20 feet" thread...but...again...Happy "Brand New" Easter" :wub: -Ira.

• Like 1

If we are lucky enough to have the time and space, I believe we all get by in this life with what we find most inspiring and what can get us into a state of "flow."  Music is certainly a conduit to a state where we're less aware of ourselves/egoless, and perhaps that's the place where the god inside of us dwells.  That fact being said, a little love and help from our friends is sometimes the best elixir for a more peaceful mind and spirit.

• Like 2

ira   

Well it's official...As we begin our own Passover seder...the traditional  service AND Meal...

Happy Passover My Friends B) !

• Like 2

redd   

If we are lucky enough to have the time and space, I believe we all get by in this life with what we find most inspiring and what can get us into a state of "flow."  Music is certainly a conduit to a state where we're less aware of ourselves/egoless, and perhaps that's the place where the god inside of us dwells.  That fact being said, a little love and help from our friends is sometimes the best elixir for a more peaceful mind and spirit.

What a lovely post, M.E! I agree wholeheartedly :) You've put into words what I have always known to be true...

Made my day <3

redd

• Like 3

Why are we hard wired for tonality? I remember a music teacher lecturing on that issue. As a composer, Eric shares his music which takes us to some pretty special places. Can't put that shared journey into words, but we can go to those places outside of the physical realm. Tonality, at least my understanding, is our innate sense of order and expectation of note groupings. Nothing random there. You ever hear a piece of wonderful music and it hits you like a slice of what heaven must be like? Remember when you were a kid and could "feel" a sunny Saturday? Actually feel the day? Again, a glimpse of heaven. Our survival so as to procreate has nothing to do with this. There isn't a single way to explain those deep reactions. In my view, the idea a heaven has gotten a bad rap-sort of cartoonish. A baby is soothed by classical music, not random combinations of notes on a piano. The little squirt is having a heaven moment.

• Like 2

MikeD   

In regards to different religions, I liken it to playing the same song, just in different keys. Nature and the intricacies of life are proof enough for me of a creator. It's somewhat easy to forget about the unspeakable beauty and wonders of our lives. Unfortunately, we are devolving like Devo predicted! The universe is constantly expanding and we have some people killing each other over shoes or fist-fighting over a ball game.

AnneNR   

What interesting thought processes---

I'm not Jewish, but I believe in the God of the Children of Abraham --- Yaweh, my abba.  I consider myself Christian, but I am not your average full gospel Christian.  I have found so much "traditions of men" practiced throughout all Christendom through the ages that it is a wonder anyone truly seeking the Lord God Almighty can even find Him.  While the Bible is the best source for a look at a multitude of subject matter, until one goes all the way back from King Jamie and his Buddies, back into the original languages the scriptures are written in, we in the western world truly don't have a clue. 

We've had so much "traditions of men" woven into every part of life that most of us aren't even aware fully of stuff going on around us in the physical and the spiritual realms in our day-to-day living.

Most everyone, even talented people, like dear Mr. Carmen, probably don't understand just how powerful a force Music is for Man.  Lucifer was the fallen angel who was the head of praise and worship in the throne room of God, according to Biblical reference he was probably every conceivable music-exuding instrument known and unknown to Man!!!  After his fall, it only stands to reason that the talents created in him by God  would be used as weapons, distorted because of Lucifer's pride, to use against the creation God wanted most to have a relationship with: Mankind.  I'm Not a great fan of Jimi Hendrix, though he did demonstrate he had great talent with the musical instrument, the guitar.  He was a PK (preacher's kid) and his music (to me) speaks of dischord, yet I recognize that "something" one gets when listening to a powerful performance.  But --- Mr. Hendrix did understand one MAJOR thing ---- Music can be used to affect the mind and soul.  He definitely got that much right.

Religion is the trappings that human frailty puts forward.  A one on one relationship with the Almighty should be one's goal.  He's so much better than preachers or rabbis could ever fully describe. And EVERY denomination does not have it all right. That's why one needs to look for themselves.  But Biblical reference states that there will be some that get into heaven that will surpirse many, and others that don't make it that will surprise many.  And they will come from different "sheep folds" or many different worshippers of Yaweh in different congregations the world over. 

After all, Paul the Apostle was a mass-murderer before Yeshua confronted him on the road to Damascus. Just imagine Stephen, who was stoned to death, and he saw the person who would become the Apostle Paul there and probably participating in his being stoned, what a surprise to see Paul end up in heaven.  That should be an interesting "thread" of conversation spoken of there.  If God Almighty can still love someone who persecuted the early followers of Yeshua, even a killer, and find value in him, that gives me enormous hope.

MUSIC  ----   DYNAMITE STUFF, and Happy Passover to you, Ira.  I no longer celebrate what the western world calls "Easter" which is pagan-based.  I commemorate the Passover and the Last Supper Communion instituted by Yeshua. 

Smile, people!! God loves you.

AnneNR

James   

...if all this stuff written on this thread seems complicated, it is. 

If  you need a more simple form of worship, you all are welcome to worship me,..

.....me, James.....(the dude with the harem)....that´s right.

:ph34r:

• Like 2

So Happy Easter, etc. Y'all!!

James, I do like your new profile pic.  I'm sure several women in the harem worship you whenever they get the chance, but this is an interesting topic thread to advertise for additional participants.  ;)

M.E.

• Like 1

AnneNR   

YO -- James, a harem ?? really?

I could never understand the "harem" concept, Bible is loaded with multiple incidents of this type of lifestyle, doesn't make it right, just notes it happened.  Doesn't make it smart, either.

Man, aren't you afraid of cooties, or communicable "uncertainties".  Do you know you lose a piece of yourself with every person you bed down with?  Not necessarily judging, just don't see the logic or self preservation present  in it is all.

And think of all the money going out the door on "baby mamas", "illegitimate children upkeep", expensive dining habits, DOCTOR visits all around for a long list of reasons related to this.

Your money and life would be better buying more of Mr. Carmen's Music.  HA !!!  Gotta love the music !

6  6

__/    AnneNR

• Like 1

James   

Good points AnneNR, but you forgot one important quote from the Bible:

To whom (James) much is given,
Much is expected.

In other words, though it might be an easier ride for me, it would be utterly selfish to limit the enjoyment of the talents awarded me, to only one female. 

So.. my cross (pleasing chicks) is heavy, but I must carry-on. 

:(

• Like 2

James,

I know with great power comes great responsibility, so please do continue to carry on!

You sound like my husband(s)...an "ego with its own weather system" as I tell my friends.  ;)

BTW, happy whatever holiday you may be celebrating this weekend.

M.E.

• Like 2

AnneNR   

James, yOu'Re  FuNnny!!

Out of context and jammed into the square peg-hole of your reality --- your saving grace is your sense of humor. I certainly enjoy your rhetoric. . . by all means, logic be condemned.  Carry on, daredevil. :lol:

AnneNR

6  6

__/

• Like 1

James   

..one other thing AnneNR.  I´m sure (if you are a normal female with normal urges)  you are trying to get up the courage to apply for membership into The James Harem.  But I don´t want to lead you on.  I don´t.

I checked out your profile and according to your birth date you are over 19.  The James Harem has a strict age limit requirement (no females over 19 allowed).  So again, I wanted to let you know this up front before you applied and were rejected.

Ok, anyway, good to have you here.  I´ve enjoyed reading your posts.

James

AnneNR   

Whoaaaaa there fella!!

You are appetizing for repartee only, sweetums.  My mentality has always been monogamous as far back as I can remember.  I got my keeper after much previous heartache and searching, crying out to Abba Yahweh for the RIGHT one HE had in mind for me and I trusted Yeshiua to send him around so our paths would cross.  That was back in 2005 thru eHarmony.  He (Matthew --- means Gift of God) is the absolute joy of my life and he IS a gift!!  And like my name suggests (Anne --- means grace; favour) I am certainly favored and graced by God Almighty for sending me someone so fun, interesting, spooky (Matt sometimes knows me better than I know myself) caring, loving, patient ---- aw, gosh, now you got me started!! I'm gushing! 

And the 19 happens to be the point when consciousness of age stopped for me, so this tends to be a favorite number.   From about 19 until reaching about 50, age was never asked, and birthdays were not a rememberance of how many, just --- "YEAY --- I made it to another year, God bless!!!"  

I'm proud of every year I've been on this earth through the grace of God and am NOT a scaredy cat about letting anyone know who asks.  Some are denied the privilege. One reason I"m glad I'm at this age is it is just now I'm starting to go back and seriously collect Music I have enjoyed and have good memories about listening to.  RIGHT NOW THAT MEANS GREAT ERIC CARMEN MUSIC AND RASPBERRIES STUFF!!!         GOTTA LOVE THE MUSIC!!!!!!    :D

6  6

__/     AnneNR

• Like 1