Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

A Message From Tim Smith

Hello EC dot com Community,

Happy Essential Eric Carmen Day! 

Just a quick note to say a heartfelt "thank you" to you all for the amazing support and feedback you have provided throughout the process of developing The Essential Eric Carmen. You are truly a most supportive and dedicated group with insightful points of view of which certainly inspired the trajectory of the collection. EC is a lucky dude to have you folks championing his artistry. 

There is no doubt in my mind the overall goal of TEEC has been accomplished. That being, to provide an undeniable musical statement to the uninitiated that Eric Carmen was, and still is, an American rock n' roll treasure and pop songwriting master craftsman. 

What a true honor it has been to work so closely with one of my long-time rock heroes throughout this process.

In closing, I hope you truly enjoy this incredible collection with as much excitement as I have had helping curate  it.  All I ask is that if you feel inspired as well, please share this "45-year-in-the-making-demo" with a friend, a neighbor, a fellow rotary club member, or whomever… just help "get the message" out. As you have been aware for many years already, the music will do the talking.

Now, That's Rock N' Roll!

Best,
TJS
Timothy J. Smith
Compilation Producer, The Essential Eric Carmen
  • Like 11

LC   

Nice note from Tim! By all accounts, he put a lot of thought, planning, and care into The Essential Eric Carmen. Considering he's a fan, it's a dream project.

On the other hand, with the hard work of the remastering and packaging done, it would be great if Sony Legacy would put a little more "elbow grease" into distributing/promoting the CD. People are having a hard time finding it, although I totally get the point Bernie made: This isn't the same CD-selling climate we remember from the 1990s, '80s, and earlier. (That's why I placed a double order at Amazon.) But still... I hope there's a point where the Targets and Best Buys of the world have Eric along with all their other Essential offerings.

Also, I know Eric has had some nice press plays, with more to come. But when you visit Sony Legacy's website, there's no mention of the new CD --- or Eric. You'd think that maybe, when the clock struck midnight, there might have been a home-page teaser touting the new release, but no luck. In fact, when you type Eric's name into the Search box, you get an "Artist Not Found" mention. Maybe I'm missing something....? 

http://www.legacyrecordings.com/a/#/home/ : There's a "New Release" bit on an Uncle Tupelo CD, and there's a row of "Latest News" items, including one from yesterday, but I'm not seeing Eric. Again, maybe I'm in the wrong place? ]

All that said, it's great to see Eric's career laid out in a two-disc package. Looking forward to the delivery!

• Like 5

Agree with LC that when E's name is entered at Sony/Legacy, no information comes up and something should - and should be corrected.

Otherwise, I received my 2 ordered CDs right on time from Amazon today.

The music is through the roof and I'll spend the entire day tomorrow listening to the dics.

I'm over the moon about the artwork I see in the cd  ;)  & oh that sweet muse of mine!!  :heartpump:

• Like 1

Duane   

Eric Carmen, on 06 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

God bless Tim Smith at Sony.

None of this would have ever happened without his enthusiasm and dedication. He just might be the guy that, after 40 years in the music biz, is so into my music, that he might just breathe new life into my roller coaster career.

Send your thanks and fan letters to him.

He is the angel sitting on my shoulder, right next to Bernie and Ken Sharp, and all of you who have believed in me from the beginning.

I thank you all for your continued, undying support.

You have no idea how much it means to me.

xoxoxoxo

e

timothy.smith@sonymusic.com

Thought I'd repost Tim Smith's e-mail address for anybody that wants to thank him (again) for making The Essential Eric Carmen happen.

Eric hinted that they're thinking about a complete box set...couldn't hurt to let him know how badly we want this to happen also.

• Like 3