Raspbernie

That's Rock 'N' Roll - Live - Preview!

James   

I played it a few times this morning ...(don´t tell anyone but I did the air guitar thing around my living room....I´m very good at that  :-)   )..

...anyway my DOG got into it so much that he
put on a huge smile and kept trying to jump up on me as I strutted around....he was trying to dance to "That´s Rock ´n Roll"..., for sure.

James - spreading the word - to humankind, and dogkind.

:-)

• Like 3

marvin   

This was the tune that kick-started the first album for me. Eric's vocals sure sound great on this live recording, and I love the almost-acapella part near the end. Only thing I'm missing are those wonderful horns from the original.

• Like 1

marvin   

Listening to the tune again, I'm reminded of what an incredible 'rock' voice Eric had (has). I've always championed him as being one of the best vocalists, and this is a perfect and powerful example.

• Like 3

James   

The song is better without the horns, IMHO.  The horns were good, maybe great, but the song is better/more pristine/more rock n ´roll organic with more/meaner guitar, minus the horns....

......yeah!..

:-)

James

"Classic Carmen"! and that is what I would have named the new cd. I mentioned in a post before that not a syllable is wasted or looses meaning in an  EC song. Each and every word is uniquely tied to the soul and completeness and drive the song along. You can take a snippet from any EC song and I am willing to bet you would know exactly what song and where it came from. Nothing is taken for granted nor just used as a filler in his songs. And that is why we get it. Others who don't really listen can't hear Eric. It always reminds me of the Wesley Snipes/Woody Harrelson movie White Men Can't Jump, where Wesley says to Woody, "you can't hear Jimmy". Strange as it may sound to us, some people don't hear Eric. 4 more days!

• Like 2