Teresa1960

Hello from London, Ontario Canada

Recently, I accidentally came across some old videos on youtube of Eric and fell in love with his music all over again.  He's a beautiful talent that I wish we heard more from.  I just purchased his book Marathon Man and have downloaded some of his music.  It's funny how relevant his name is in my life, my son Eric, a sister named Carmen ...lol.   I've been playing his music all week now, I just can't get it out of my head. 

Teresa

• Like 5

On 3/19/2014 at 5:00 PM, Teresa1960 said:

I've been playing his music all week now, I just can't get it out of my head. 

Neither can most of us, Teresa. Great first post! Welcome.

Bernie

• Like 3

Welcome Teresa...Erics' music has inspired, influenced and touched all our lives in one way or another and that is why we just can't get enough of this talented musician and writer.

Welcome to this great site!  Valorie

• Like 2

redd   

Welcome Teresa :)

Happy to have you on board!

Just love the eerie coincidences re: the names Carmen & Eric within your family.

I've recently rediscovered my appreciation for Eric's music (as well) & have been a big Raspberries fan from waaaay back when.

Looking forward to reading your posts.

redd

• Like 3

darlene   

HELLO TERESA !!!  A HUNDRED WELCOMES TO YOU!

:spin::spin::spin:

You have superb taste in music--we know THAT about you already! You're gonna love it here! It's so wonderful when you meet people who share the same love of Eric and Raspberries music (and the guys themselves) as you do, so you're in great company, and so are we.  Have a fabulous time! We're SO glad you're here!

:) Love, Darlene

• Like 1

Thanks so much for all the warm welcomes!  I've never joined a group like this before, ya done facebook..(boring). I read way too many news sites, Huffington Post, CNN, CBC, Toronto Sun, follow the markets etc.....depressing.  I know way too much about American Politics (more than Canadian..lol). Unfortunately, I've had some pretty life altering experiences over the past decade that have left me unable to work (divorce, auto accident & cancer).  And I'm still presently in a legal battle with my insurer!!!  So I've spent a lot of my time over the past years surfing the net.  I've had to do a lot of medical and legal research so I've been online A LOT!!!   Since I was a kid, like 3, music was a big part of my life, after I first heard the Beatles I instantly became a pop/rock fan, by the age of 5, I dreamed of marrying Paul McCartney...lol.  Having 3 older sisters, there was always music playing in the house and as kids we'd always be dancing and singing, even our parents listened to music much of the time.  So growing up in the 60's & 70"s I heard and watched rock n' roll evolve. 

Even to this day I can still sing along to all the old tunes and recall most of the lyrics.  I must not be too bad of a singer because nobody has yet to tell me to SHUT UP because I sound bad.

So what brought me here?  Over the past several years, after my accident I stopped listening to music almost completely.  I spent the first few years basically in bed or pooched out on the sofa, heavily medicated with a cocktail of meds to deal with pain.  I had a neck, head & back injury, I swear even my friggn hair hurt, it was horrid.   I finally made a decision to get off the drugs or die, so I flushed them all down the toilet!  But because of the chronic headaches and tinnitis and hearing loss and a fuked up nervous system, listening to music would hurt, make me dizzy or sound like I was hearing it under water...ugh!  I've had many therapies since then and doing better.  And I'm ready to bring music back into my life again.  I've been playing the radio more and more (classics) mostly and I've been finding some great stuff (blast from the past) on youtube.  And that's where I re-discovered Eric Carmen!!!!!   The first video was Raspberries ..Go All The Way, then All By Myself, and well off to the search bar I went! Floods of memories  just came pouring in and I just fell in love with him all over again.  I love his voice, his lyrics and the passion that pours out of him. (not to mention his hotness!!!!!) However, the nice thing is, I find his music very soothing, relaxing and therapeutic...bonus for me! So thanks Eric...for making me feel alive again. And thank you guys for being so kind and welcoming!

Hugs bugs,
Teresa

• Like 5

redd   

What a survivor you are Teresa! Enduring a decade of pure hell, but you've made it through. I really have no answer why people are faced with such misery in life, but am glad you've fought your way back.

Can't imagine not being able to withstand listening to music, what a cruel side effect of your health issues. I've always loved listening to music and sometimes it can be a balm that heal wounds. If I'm down, I KNOW the very best thing to do is listen to my fave songs. They never let me down and soon my mood and spirits are lifted. Music is such a special gift that we all can share in.

Thx for sharing your incredible story with us. You are truly an inspiration.....

redd

• Like 4