LC

Support your local musician -- and buy a great CD!

LC   

Hey, friends, don't you think it's a good idea to support your local musician? By "local," I mean the EC.com community.

Of course everyone here will buy anything Eric puts out -- that's a given. But why not log on to CDBaby.com or Amazon or iTunes and place an order for I'd Rather Do It Myself by our own Patrick Griffin, a.k.a. Blackhawk Pat. It's, like, $10 or $12, and there's a lot to love. Blackhawk Pat has been influenced by a lot of the same music that EC.com members dig --- Beatles, McCartney, Joel, Bacharach, and, of course, Eric Carmen, among others. So there's a "familiarity" to his piano/vocal pieces and memorable melodies.

Heck, the first track alone makes it worth the price of admission: "Daddy I'm Alright" --- a beautiful ballad that puts everything in perspective. It's one of the best songs, by anybody, of the year. Check it out... and then go support your local musician:

• Like 6

LC   

That's weird -- the time stamp above says 3:41 p.m.... my computer shows 10:46 a.m. It's like that scene in Animal House when all the guys checked their watches to make sure they were in sync... and John Belushi's watch wasn't even close.

Anyway, the cover to Blackhawk Pat's excellent CD:81VWjmWFaGL._SL1425_.jpg

• Like 4

James   

I own it.  The album is  very strong.  Wall to wall quality songs. 

And "Daddy I´m Alright" is not only one of the best songs of the year...it´s one of the best songs (IMHO) of all time.  No exaggeration.  It´s that great.  No song I´ve ever heard moves me more than "Daddy....".

For $12 the album is a steal. 

P:S. Great post LC.  The members here have a talented gem (fellow member BlackhawkPat) sitting right under their noses and I don´t think people realize it.

James

• Like 5

LC   

You're right James. Pat's not a self-promoting type of guy. He's a level-headed sort who has always been one of the classiest posters here. Before I knew him, I'd read some of his posts directed at people here who were going through rough stretches --- divorces, financial troubles, etc. --- and he'd always take time to give useful advice and pass along supportive comments. It wasn't just for effect; after I got to know him through our fantasy sports leagues, I found out he's an authentic dude, and his music reflects that authentic-ness. "Daddy I'm Alright" Is but one of many examples. It's an autobiographical song, as you know; Pat lost a baby daughter and in "Daddy I'm Alright," he lays it all out there.... Great stuff. 

Another track I like, James, is #4 on the CD: "I Don't Understand." It reminds of an old Burt Bacharach standard, kind of melancholy and wistful. It didn't hook me right off, but after a few listens, I "got" it and rank it as one of the tops tracks. 

• Like 4

marvin   

Some 'old-timers' here might remember the Q&A's that I posted with Jim, Wally, and Billy Sullivan. Coming up soon will be a Q&A with Pat. Stay tuned.

• Like 5

LC   

You're welcome, Pat. You deserve to be heard! And I look forward to Marv's interview with you. You and I have discussed a lot of your songs on the phone and in PMs, but I know there will be some new insights that Marv will get from you.

Oh -- and what about your music video for "Daddy I'm Alright"? The link in my earlier post is a lyrics video. but I remember you were putting together a concept video. Do you have an "official" posting date lined up? 

• Like 4

MikeC   

Definitely James. I happen to listen to an independent music station that some are calling "The Best In The World".

I'll put some song titles up on the "What are you listening to" thread, after Christmas.

The songs are creative and different from what is usually listened to.

The video is done and is being mixed. We were all set to put it out and then the director and I agreed on changing the middle eight part and we just filmed that about three weeks ago, so hopefully, it should be up shortly after the new year. BTW, Amazon has the CD on sale for $9.05 right now (HEY, am I making any money on that price? lol)

http://www.amazon.com/Id-Rather-Do-It-Myself/dp/B00DVNBP5W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387830746&sr=8-1&keywords=patrick+griffin+I%27d

• Like 3

redd   

The video is done and is being mixed. We were all set to put it out and then the director and I agreed on changing the middle eight part and we just filmed that about three weeks ago, so hopefully, it should be up shortly after tr. BTW, Amazon has the CD on sale for $9.05 right now (HEY, am I making any money on that price? lol) http://www.amazon.com/Id-Rather-Do-It-Myself/dp/B00DVNBP5W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387830746&sr=8-1&keywords=patrick+griffin+I"

Dear Pat, Marvin, James and LC,

Just ordered the CD on Amazon - Happy New Year to me! Already knew Pat is a talented guy, looking forward to my very own CD! Will be sure to give it a glowing review.

Happy Holidays gentlemen :)

Gina

• Like 2

James   

Alright Redd!....

...and I ordered another copy yesterday too as I´ve beaten mine up a little.

Here´s another killer song from the album.  Manilow would pay a bunch to get his hands on this!!...

• Like 1

MikeC   

Snce you've been good, James, I might as well give you the site:

( Or look up  uci radio music station)  As one word

I was having a problem with the link.

Laura   

Pat- Just ordered the Mp3 version, should have done it long ago but just never made it to Amazon to do it! Looking forward to listening to all the songs over and over!

• Like 3

redd   

Alright Redd!....

...and I ordered another copy yesterday too as I´ve beaten mine up a little.

Here´s another killer song from the album.  Manilow would pay a bunch to get his hands on this!!...

James :)

What a loyal friend and fan you are to buy another copy of BHPat's CD. Hey, one for the car and one for home, right? I'm so glad I now have my very own copy. What a terrific collection of original songs from the heart. Only problem is I keeping changing my mind which track is my favorite!!

LC and Marvin are right, what a great entertainer we have right under our noses here at ec.com.

I know with some additional promotion Pat's CD sales will soar. Plus, Pat is such a great guy :)

redd

• Like 5

redd   

I think mine is coming by mule train. It was supposed to be here today but didn't make it. (sob)

Poor adelia :(

Mule train is even worse than snail mail! Hope the mule didn't die....

It's hard anticipation a delivery that doesn't come on time, but BHPAT'S CD is worth waiting for. Anxious to hear which songs are your favorites. Each and every song is unique and personal, so hope your copy will be in the mailbox tomorrow. It so, your new year will be off to a great start!

redd

• Like 3

Adelia, keep me in the loop on this. Please let me know when you get it, as all these places that sell it claim they get them out rapidly. Thanks again to all who purchased it so far.

Adelia, keep me in the loop on this. Please let me know when you get it, as all these places that sell it claim they get them out rapidly. Thanks again to all who purchased it so far.

It was in today's mail, jammed into the box so that my husband could barely get it out without breaking it. It was packaged very well so no damage was done to the cd itself. I have the mailman from hell, he usually leaves a slip so that I have to go to the post office to get anything other than bills and junk mail. I guess they made him carry it and it pissed him off.

• Like 2