Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

Eric & Al Jardine

ec-eric_and_al_jardine.jpg

Last night, Brian Wilson, creative force behind the Beach Boys, and Jeff Beck, legendary guitarist of The Yardbirds, performed at E.J. Thomas Hall in Akron, Ohio. This GREAT photo of Eric with Al Jardine of the Beach Boys, Al Kaston and Jeffrey Foskett, Brian's musical director, was taken backstage at the show.

Looks like you had an awesome night, Eric!

Bernie

- - - -

Photo: Al Kaston

• Like 11

GREAT picture Bernie and thanks for posting for us!  (E's such a cutie!!). ;)

I also want to say how thrilling it is to see these musical legends together and it does look like E had a fun time too.

• Like 5

Brian W.'s creative process in his own words from his own website --

"I would have the musicians keep playing over and over again till the sound made sense. I worked overtime on that; I worked hours to get it right. If the sound didn't make any sense, then I wouldn't know what to do— I'd be lost! It's instinct that tells me. I have an instinct for music, or a feeling about it, and I'll have my feelings guide my hands." 

Definitely reminds me of someone else I know!!  ;)

• Like 2

This is my first post, so why not here? Al Jardin! Wow! The Beach Boys have always been one of my favorite "oldies" bands. What a great photo of everyone. Too bad Brian wasn't in the photo too. Now that would have been a perfect shot. :cool: Thanks again for posting this.

• Like 3

Okay, I had a comment to make but had to get up to put the dog out, now I don't remember what I wanted to post. If I remember, I will post it later.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2013 at 8:14 PM, Cayennegirl said:

Adelia, Now that sounds like my own creative process sometimes..

The sad part is, it will probably pop into my head while I am asleep and then I will be up the rest of the night.

• Like 2

On 10/28/2013 at 10:17 AM, Cayennegirl said:

I also want to say how thrilling it is to see these musical legends together and it does look like E had a fun time too.

So good to see that :D Puuurrrfect Eric!!

• Like 2

I found this great video from Brian W.'s show in Akron, Ohio singing one of my favorite songs

(& one of my favorite people is somewhere in that crowd too.) :)

• Like 1

LC   

Great photo; thanks, Bernie! Wouldn't it be nice to hear the harmony vocals of Eric, Al, and Jeff Foskett?

• Like 1