Sign in to follow this  
Don H

My review of Bernie and Kens masterpiece

Don H   

A lifelong Eric and Raspberries fan finally obtained a copy and read Eric Carmen: Marathon Man. I wound up with a bad flu these past few days and couldn't put the book down. Attached is the review that I submitted on iTunes. Congratulations Bernie and Ken for a well written masterpiece worthy of such a great subject:

This great book is a must read, not just for Eric Carmen or Raspberries fans, but for all people who can appreciate beautifully constructed music.

Bernie Hogya (of "Got Milk?" fame) and writer/musician Ken Sharp have provided the most definitively told story yet on one of the great and under-rated musical tales ever with the in depth story of Eric Carmen.

The book is replete with hundreds of interviews with Carmen, Bryson, Smalley & Bonfanti, as well as so many of the many players in this remarkable musical journey.

Eric Carmen breaks down the heart of a song better than anyone I've ever seen. The intensive attention to detail in crafting one of the most unique sounds in musical history jumps off of the pages.

My only disappointment with the book...was when it ended...I didn't want the story to end. And perhaps with the longevity and reliance of this uniquely historical musician and group...the story has not ended. Buy this wonderfully written book. It's a keeper!

Don - It's funny...I got on here after a long time away and saw your post. I had pulled the book off the shelf last week to read again. What synergy! Great review and yes, it's a gem.

Don H   

Loved this book! The outstanding writing...and the cooperation of Eric were extraordinary. The best book I've ever seen done on a musical subject. Finally getting a tablet version and a hard copy in the same week was like an early Christmas/St Patrick's Day gift!