Sign in to follow this  
plainjane

Glad To Find You!

Hello Eric, and everyone who loves this site. I'm a new member, and I must say I am thrilled with the dicovery of this place. I was a huge fan of the Raspberries, and Eric Carmen, even when my new husband was jamming to Jethro Tull. LOL Don't get me wrong, Tull was good, but Ian Anderson in a cod piece, versus Eric's skinny butt in a jumpsuit, and platform shoes...no contest. Eric wins! The thing that fascinates me most is the talent. I admire anyone that can play an instrument. I find myself seaching for the moments when I see hands on the piano keys.

I become lost in the moment. The long version of all by myself, when you see Eric playing, that is the time I stop breathing. I can almost feel a tear forming in my heart. God how I wish I could do that! I wonder if Eric sees imself as a savant. I always thought of him this way.

Learning such difficult music, at such a young age, how does someone manage it. I call it simply divine. I would love to see a music session done like the old "unplugged" shows. Just Eric sitting at his piano, playing to a small audience, doing what he does best. Imagine the new "up and coming" musicians that would be influenced by such a set. The mixing of classical and modern, that Eric does so well, would surely have an impact.

Thank you for allowing me to join in your community. I hope to have the opportunity to get to know all of you much better. :)

Welcome plainjane!

What a fabulous first post! I share your same feelings of awe when I see that video of Eric playing the long version of ABM and still am sad to know that most people who know that song never have heard (or have seen Eric play) that magnificent solo. I get that same feeling watching him play "I Can Remember" from the Don Kirshner Live 1973 show. I am certain you have seen that one on Youtube.

You may have already begun reading some of the old posts when Eric was more active here; if you haven't you will enjoy that and learn alot.

And like Tim said, you never know when things will liven up here.

Welcome again!

:) Jean

Thank you so very much Jean and Aenuine. I have spent the weekend reading the posts from Eric, as well as everyones response to his comments. I have a long way to go, but I plan on reading them all. :) I love the site, and plan on being here daily. Thank you all for making me feel so welcome.

Hi again everyone. I hope that you all will allow me to vent some major frustrations that are rolling around in my head.

I watched the American music awards show lastnight, and about halfway throught, I had to turn it off. I know I'm older than the usual audience that watches these shows, but I do know good music when I hear it. There are a few exceptions, but most of the so called "music" that I hear today is awful. Not just the music, but the message that goes along with it.

Kids are very impressionable, and much like we did as teens, and young adults, they get into their favorite artist's music, life, and message. I wish that todays artist's were more mindful of what they are putting out there. This is why I think it is important for musicians such as Eric to get back out there. He has a voice, and an incredible talent, that should be heard...today!

I would like nothing more than to turn on the tv, radio, internet, or any other medium, and see, hear, or read something concerning Eric and his music.

We are all getting older, but there is a new generation of kids that could reap the benefits of what Eric has to teach, and show them. You can ask any teen who the stones are, and they know. Sometimes older really is wiser.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Eric should you read this...please get back out there. We miss you.

marlene   

Hello plainjane !! Sorry I'm late with my welcome ! You know how life can be sometimes..... :) I'm happy to see you here, and look forward to you posting often ! :)

marlene   

I guess Eric's like most of us....and we all know how those ebbs and flows of life can be. I'm hopeful he'll one day be back to post on a regular basis again, too. I've certainly always enjoyed his posts and the debates they sometimes sparked. He's brilliant, and his post are eloquent and provocative !

How nice to see Eric here again. Posts from him are kind of like "care packages." You never know what you're going to get (or when you're going to get them). And you never know if the next one is on its way, or where the delivery man will place it until one checks the tracking number...or in this case, ec.com. How much fun is that?!

plainjane said:

Eric comes in to tittilate us, then he leaves us high and dry.

Very anticlimactic...sigh. :blush:

How come I can't picture anything with him being anti-climatic? Hmmmm.

Chin-up Jane. One never knows what the future holds :)

I didn't mean to be disrespectful to Eric. I just meant that I would have to buy some more batteries, if ya know what I mean. LOL

He came and left so quickly, there was no time for forplay. HaHa!! Even with the speedy departure, I still got excited to see him. :)

Pj

I didn't think you were disrespectful, so no worries. :)

And as you must know, Eric posted. See what happens when you keep your chin up! :P