Sign in to follow this  
JuliaD

Andy Williams has died

missm   

i just heard about his death a few minutes ago. my sister and i were chatting and when i told her about MR. WILLIAMS death she said..I GUESS THERE WILL BE NO CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR...ADFTERALL IT IS THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR.

Don't forget the song "May Each Day". Saw Andy during the syndication TV run back in 1975 - 1976 featuring Madame (for the first time) (with the late Wayland Flowers) back then. R.I.P. Andy. frown Matt P.S. "Andy", sponsored by "Joy" detergent.

Kirk   

Moon river, wider than a mile

I'm crossing you in style some day

Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker

Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way...

Smooth sailing, Andy.

Yes I agree with you Val. I can even remember sitting around with a nice mug of hot chocolate while watching his Christmas specials...it always seemed like an extended part of your own family at that time of year..you know, trying to get home and gathering for the holiday, the decorating, the carols, etc. I know I will probably get slammed but I actually preferred listening to Andy over Frank Sinatra. Andy had a way of making you see the other world where you wanted to be...like gliding across Moon River-the visuals that always came up in my mind whenever that song played-such a tranquil place to be. R.I.P. Andy and thanks for sharing your voice with the rest of the world!

Don't forget the song "May Each Day". Saw Andy during the syndication TV run back in 1975 - 1976 featuring Madame (for the first time) (with the late Wayland Flowers) back then. R.I.P. Andy. frown Matt P.S. "Andy", sponsored by "Joy" detergent.

I had forgotten about that show!

What a great singing voice he had.

MikeC   

On the news, it said that Andy was the only entertainer to ever perform over 60 years, in Las Vegas.

His Christmas songs are played every year. And I hear "Moon River" on a station that plays songs of his era and earlier.

Andy Williams was very popular also in Japan.

He sang in Japanese, his Japanese pronuncition is perfect.

Thank you for your brilliant songs....

R.I.P."

Thank you Aventurine

Andy's music is so beautiful in Japanese. It seems that he sounds romantic in any language.

We were blessed with his presence for a long time but the time came when he needed to go. He will be missed but I'm glad that we will always have his music.

Belle

It seems that he sounds romantic in any language.

He will be missed but I'm glad that we will always have his music.

Well, Belle, I do think so heartpump

He was elegant, sweet, romantic.....