Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

Willkommen Raspberries!

In early 1973, Capitol sent Raspberries on a goodwill tour of Europe. They appeared on a number of radio and television shows and conducted press interviews in several European cities including England, France and Germany. The GREAT unpublished photo of the band arriving in Germany, along with the news clipping from the same arrival, are from Jim Bonfanti's personal collection.

Bernie

Kirk   

I think the term "The sky's the limit" would not have been an exaggeration of Raspberries potential at this point in their career. Great pics!

I think the term "The sky's the limit" would not have been an exaggeration of Raspberries potential at this point in their career. Great pics!

Kirk,

What you wrote reminds me of my favorite Youtube comment by someone I suspect is an active member here at this website; it sums up my feelings (and probably every other member here....) :

God Damn....how did they NOT conquer the world the early 70's? spin Jean

p.s. Thanks Bernie for these great pictures!

What you wrote reminds me of my favorite Youtube comment by someone I suspect is an active member here at this website; it sums up my feelings (and probably every other member here....) :

God Damn....how did they NOT conquer the world the early 70's? spin

Yes Jean, I think it sums it up for me, (without the use of the Lord's name in vain, though.)

Bernie and Jim, thanks for the photos and the newapaper clipping. "Verrah", cool indeed!

RaspBen   

Great talent, great looks and great dressers. One of the best rock n' roll foursome I have ever seen! Thanks for the pics Bernie

Monica

Thanks for posting the never before seen photo and the news clipping from Hamburg! It might be a "joking caption" or it might be true, but the text from the newspaper says that Customs in Hamburg thought the packages were suspicious when they heard ticking!

I typed the words into a translator and I don't expect that all of the meaning is accurate, but here is what I got:

In the packages there was ticking ...

With boxes under the arm yesterday the members of the American pop group "Raspberries" got off the plane in Hamburg (photo). The Monner? by Customs, however, were suspicious, as it was ticking in the packets. There was uncontrolled laughter: The Raspberries had bought a Cuckoo in Baden Baden.

AnneNR   

Hey! How 'bout that!  The website referenced works!!!

Great stuff.  Has anyone gotten clips like this onto a DVD release that is not bootlegged ?  Quality tends to be much better when you go to the original source(s) to have it done.

I liked hearing about the recording process, too.

(Happy dance, Happy dance. .  .)

6  6

__/     AnneNR