Sign in to follow this  
Craig Benfer

"Go All The Way" in "Dark Shadows!"

angelina   

Although I like some of The Killers stuff, this version lacks the "chunky, power chord/full deep harmonic vocal, teen-urgency-testosterone-filled, "pop through my jeans" hopeful angst that Raspberries conjured up. For me..it falls way short (akin to Crue's version of "Tonight"). It's just a little too ghoulish-camp for me I guess...but any pub is good pub.

Nice link LC. This nearly caught me off gaurd at the movies in Cebu, Philippines. I exclaimed "Raspberries" once I heard the tune crank up. ---- But not completely off gaurd. When I saw the "1972" sub-title .... with Nights in White Satin playing upon the intro to the movie .... it did float through my mind that my fave band the Raspberries had a nice review, from -- I believe - a SoCal music reporter, of Raspberries actually doing the song better than the original version by Moody Blues.

I remember when we first started to talk about this movie and how it would be set in 1972...the FIRST thing that came to my mind was .. what if they would include GATW..never thinking they actually would...I just wish they had used the original obviously.

I did finally see the movie and it was less campy than I expected (meaning more serious)...It was actually a bit better than I expected it would be. Although I don't remember the Angelique character being quite that nasty...And, someone mentioned the "crashing waves" earlier...that was a nice nod to the show opening sequence.

Jean

I watched the movie "Dark Shadows" !!!

It was amazing movie and amazing end-roll song........"Go All The Way"!!!

And apprared the name of "Eric Carmen".....Sigh!!!

RaspBen   

Hey Jean!

Great pics, I never watched the original series but I am still planning on seeing the movie. I love anything with Johnny Depp. It is always great to hear the original of GATW , I did think the Killers did a great remake probably the best I have heard but still will never compare to the original. I wish the original had been at the end of the movie. Nice find.

Monica

Monica,

The old TV show was on when I was in elem school; you are too young! :lol: It was strange to me how familiar many of those old pictures were.

I also love Johnny Depp; saw the movie, but it was only so-so. A bit less campy and more serious than the trailer led me to believe.

I think the Killers cover was okay, but it kills me (PUN) that they didn't use the original; it would have been perfect and we all know that no one will ever best it.

:) Jean

Jean!!!What a great find you did!!!

I LOVE it!!!

Thanks for shareing!!! :wub:

Original GATW is powerful and soulful and heartfelt

more than The Killer's cover!!!