Sign in to follow this  
Aventurine

EricCarmen.com vs. FB

Bernie posted it at "Shout Box" on April 26 or 27.

Why don't you post at "AllFor Love", Bernie?

I think it's very important message for the members, right?

Can I share it here?

This site seems lull, many of members gone to FB.

What do you think needs to be improved?

EC.com vs FB.

Raspbernie: This website's been online since 1997. It's logged over 2.5 million hits. Over the years, I've seen activity go up and go down. True Eric Carmen fans stay even when there is a lull, while "fair weather" fans leave. Which kind are you?

Raspbernie: Me? I stay. Trust me when I tell you you'll be happy if you do

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 1

Naeko,

Thanks for posting this. Maybe Eric is actually active on his FB page. That would explain people going there to chat.

I am not sure it is fair to be called a "fair weather" friend; there is little happening here right now other than NASCAR and baseball (and good for that!).

Trying to stay supportive..Jean

Tiggsherby

I joined FB recently,

well, I know FB is good for more private communication with freinds.

But I LOVE this site, I want to see Eric here, NOT FB!

It's important site because it is the WINDOW to open everyboby, all over the world!

Eric is the GREATEST artist who has amount of fans all over the world, right?

M454K0   
Aventurine said:

But I LOVE this site, I want to see Eric here, NOT FB!

I've seen Eric on line here several times so far and that means that at least he's WATCHED here. He would post if there's something interested on the board.

Poor Aventurine,

You should know, not everything goes well as you wanted. That's LIFE.

James   

Poor?

No.

I think life goes best for those who work hard to make things happen...life goes best for those who believe in things, believe in a dream and take persistant action to make those things/dreams come true.

I speak of people like Aventurine. She's not "poor". She's one of the special ones who believe.... and work to MAKE things happen.

It's people like Aventurine who make the world go round!

James

James   

I don't know, but Facebook has no appeal to me. I've never used it, but haven't heard anything about it that motivates me to join up.

That's just me, of course.

:)

If it makes you feel better, Naeko, I've been on FB for almost 4 years and Eric isn't very active there. I believe you saw that he did share a photo the other night, so you know he is alive and well.

I'm sorry you seem frustrated over this situation, and nothing I can say will alleviate your frustration, but you never know what's going to happen in the future.

The thing is, no matter how much you "hope and desire," it can't make Eric come back any sooner than he, himself wishes, if ever.

To look at this in a more positive way, perhaps he is doing what is best for him and enjoying his life away from the net. I'm sure you'd want him to be happy in his everyday life, right?

So when he is on the board or on his FB, it will be because he wants to be and not because he feels like he has to be. And that's a good thing! And if and when he does post, I know you will welcome him with a big old Aventurine smile!

Couldn't have said it better myself, Tim!

Websites on the internet will ALWAYS be relevant. Eric used to have a pretty jumping MySpace page a few years ago. Remember MySpace? Facebook is today's flavor of social media, and they're doing everything they can to make sure they're not the next MySpace. Although from all of the complaints over some of the forced user experiences there (Timeline, anyone?), I can easily see a day when everyone starts jumping ship for something else as soon as it catches on.

Eric will be back. This is his home. I always leave a light on for him :)

Bernie

M454K0   
Raspbernie said:

Eric will be back. This is his home. I always leave a light on for him :)

Bernie

Thank you, Bernie.

I'm here because I do believe he'll be back.

I agree with Tim. I see no reason members should feel they must choose between ec.com or facebook. I enjoy visiting both daily, and I know others do the same. It's true many members here also belong to All For Love on facebook. I started the group primarily to bring back the live chatroom experience, after learning Bernie would have to pay to bring back the chatroom here. I started a thread here last summer inquiring about the chatroom, and Bernie graciously responded with his valid reasons for discontinuing it. I saw other members wanted the chatroom back too, so I responded by trying to help Bernie by bringing it back on FB....free!

But, Bernie's right....if facebook continues to self-destruct, destroying the great thing they have going (I hate the Timeline), facebook will die, while ec.com has been and will continue to be the place to hangout to see Eric....and I'm not leaving! :wub:

Don't worry Naeko, nobody is trying to replace ec.com....so please smile, relax, and enjoy both ec.com and facebook, while we wait for Eric's much anticipated return! :)

Kim

M454K0   
Wendy-Ann said:

If it makes you feel better, Naeko, I've been on FB for almost 4 years and Eric isn't very active there. I believe you saw that he did share a photo the other night, so you know he is alive and well.

I'm sorry you seem frustrated over this situation, and nothing I can say will alleviate your frustration, but you never know what's going to happen in the future.

The thing is, no matter how much you "hope and desire," it can't make Eric come back any sooner than he, himself wishes, if ever.

To look at this in a more positive way, perhaps he is doing what is best for him and enjoying his life away from the net. I'm sure you'd want him to be happy in his everyday life, right?

So when he is on the board or on his FB, it will be because he wants to be and not because he feels like he has to be. And that's a good thing! And if and when he does post, I know you will welcome him with a big old Aventurine smile!

Very well said, Wendy-Ann!

That's exactly what I wanted to say.

Thanks a lot!

I just checked and Eric never confirmed my FB Friend request! If I hadn't been neutered years ago, guess where I would feel liked I've been cyber-kicked! :wacko:

Eric doesn't want to be my FB friend? :(

canadianchick said:

Facebook is Facebook..EC.Com..is Erics' home away from home...and we all explore our world but eventually we always come home...

Exactly! I have no idea what FB or Myspace or Twitter or any other place has to do with fans (and Eric) staying away from here. Things are more active when certain subjects are posted and yes, when Eric is here, but there would still have to be subjects that others want to discuss. This place has always ROCKED even when the subjects have been few and far between...I can at least find something to read even if I am not replying.

In the last 4 years that I've been here, this board has always had ebbs and flows. Sooner or later it picks up again. I check every day and when I see something I want to respond to, I do. :)

Many fans, in their heart of hearts, mean well by wanting said artist to interact often on the artist's site. I mean, they "adore" said artist and it is a "cool thing!" What a compliment! But there are many, many artists who do not give their fans the time of day on their forums...and that's OK. Their right for whatever reason. Artists don't owe their followers their full attention, but it is really neat when they give their followers "some" of themselves, even on a forum.

I must say that this board has been very fortunate with Eric's participation on subjects that many other artists would have shied away from. He is/was truly an open book. When any artist takes time to interact with his/her followers it should be looked upon (at least how I see it) as something to enjoy no matter if it is every day, once in a while or once a year.

So, give him "his time"to come back when he wants to. As Bernie stated: "He is keeping the light on for him." Bernie has always kept this place "shining bright" and I am a proud supporter of it! :)

Sharen said:

EC.com is a great site... And it'll always be...

So true. It is the source of all things Eric. Both from the past and into the future.

I haven't started a Facebook account, but it seems like I'm not missing too much.

Being one of the newest members (and I have been fairly active in the past 5 months...), I am really happy to hear all the love for the site. Marathon Mama made a great point; this is a joyous archive of all things Raspberries and Eric. I am glad people haven't really "jumped ship." I look forward to the upswings. That is only one reason I am proud to support ec.com

As for FB, that has its place. Eric shouldn't have to be "friending" everyone to allow us to show appreciation for his music. Especially when Berne has created the right place to do that. And Bernie, thanks again for leaving that light on.

heartpump Jean

ANDREA   
Tony Cartmill said:

I'm just going through the middle fazes of realizing that Eric doesn't want to be my Facebook friend...

Really? :lol:

PS: see you on FB, Cartmill