Sign in to follow this  
marvin

The Beatles - The Next Generation

marvin   

if anything,, they should have considered Julian. Sean Lennon has inherited Yoko's musical talent {zero!}!, certainly not John's!! To call it a Beatles related project {no pun intended} is all wrong in my book.

I think James was speaking too quickly by giving this (potential) group a name connected with the Beatles. Why would they (the new group) want that kind of pressure? As it is, musically-speaking, just having the surnames that they do brings a lot of pressure and expectations.

MikeC   

Glad to hear from slvnbil.

I think, too that Julian is very smart. He could produce their show. Isn't he the one who sounds so much like his father, John? Who is being honored in a show, now? [see my post above].

They need a good producer, to tell them what is good to do, or not, in their show. Also, whatever show they do, it's good to do something a little different than just play songs for an hour-and-a-half.

If they play mostly their own songs, and some of The Beatles, that could turn out better for less comparisons. But, people will find a way to compare them. That's human nature. Yes, I know, there really is no comparison at all.

It was a time, back then for The Beatles when people saw their talent; had the desire to manage them, and really help their unique sound on their records-

Called, "The Wall Of Sound". That's where their producer would re-record vocals over two or three times. Then play them all together on the playback and on their albums.

MikeC   

A tribute to their fans and parents at the concert, near the end of the show. Just for fun:

We want to tell you thank you

-To our parents,too.

They used to pay our bills;

Now we're paying theirs

MikeC   

Absolutely right! They can make their own name and music reputation.

That's what all the other bands do.

Certainly, if they are creative, they will see whether or not they will have good songs.