Sign in to follow this  
Matthew C. Clark

Robert Heyges R.I.P.

missm   

Matt, thanks so much for posting this. As soon as I read his name in your thread, I whispered to myself "Darn, a Sweathog is dead". WBK was a program that I enjoyed as a teen and took the time to follow the careers of those involved.

May God rest his soul and comfort his family and friends! cryingpray

ira   

TWO weeks ago Hegyes...who lives in Metuchen N.J. was performing his Marx Bros. play in a small venue in Metuchen.

Hegyes based the patter and personality of his "Epstein" character on "Chico Marx.

R.I.P. Signed...Epstein's mother. heartpump

marvin   
Metuchen: my home-away-from-home for the latter part of the '80's and most of the '90's, as that's where my wife's parents lived. Had no idea that a little town like that harbored such a one-time big star. R.I.P. Robert.

ira   

Marvin...I remember from LONG ago that you had Metuchen roots...

BTW...It is a lovely lovely New England type town.

He died too early, and I read that Hegyes, who played "Juan Epstein", had a father who was Hungarian-American and a mother who was Italian-American. It was mentioned above that he sounded like Chico Marx (in speaking voice, not musically). Since Gabe Kaplan did Groucho, here is the classic "Why a Duck?":

I couldn't find it if there is a clip with Robert Hegyes showing this routine, but I hope he is resting in peace.