Sign in to follow this  
John P

Any fans of Slade ?

John P   

Any fans of Slade ? Who saw them Live ? Anybody see the movie Flame that they did in the 70's ? They must have a been loud and exciting live act back in the day. It's a shame Noddy Holder hung it up awhile ago after the same lineup was together for 20 years. Their original version of Cum on Feel the Noize to me was far superior than Quiet Riot's. I guess they were one of the first band's to use those mispelled song titles though I could be wrong.

marvin   

Any fans of Slade ? Who saw them Live ? Anybody see the movie Flame that they did in the 70's ? They must have a been loud and exciting live act back in the day. It's a shame Noddy Holder hung it up awhile ago after the same lineup was together for 20 years. Their original version of Cum on Feel the Noize to me was far superior than Quiet Riot's. I guess they were one of the first band's to use those mispelled song titles though I could be wrong.

Me!

I had all their albums up to the mid-1970's. While I never saw them live, thanks to YouTube, they are preserved in my memory forever. And yes, the original versions of "Cum On Feel the Noize" and "Mama Weer All Crazee.." tower over the pale cover versions by Quiet Riot.

JohnO   

To any Slade fans - Strongly recommend getting your hands on the 2009 CD by Slade bassist James Lea (who wrote/co-wrote and arranged all of their hits), "Therapy" - it's ungodly good!....and has a bonus disk of James' semi-legendary 2002 show at the Robin 2 Club in London, that he did for charity - one of only two live shows he's ever played since leaving Slade. It's just him on guitar and vocals, with a bassist and drummer, and was allegedly one of the loudest live shows ever - he does a slew of Slade tunes and covers, and does them well. Available via www.amazon.co.uk or James' web site. It was released under his full name - James Whild Lea.