Sign in to follow this  
blackhawkpat

Paul McCartney At Wrigley Field

An amazing sold out performance last night by Sir Paul at Chicago's Wrigley Field. Macca pulled off 36 songs in an almost three hour performance that had fans screaming and singing into the hot Chicago night. Paul's performance was very "White Album friendly", as he rattled off an unprecedented five songs from that record and many more hits from his Beatles, Wings, and solo career. The sound and stage show were incredible and Paul, at age 69, looks fantastic. If anyone is in the Chicago area and has the chance to attend tonight's second show, which is not sold out yet, please do so. It is something you will remember forever. If memory serves, I've been fortunate enough to see him twelve times, but his shows just keep....well, getting better all the time!

John P   

I'm making the trip for Paul's show in Cincinatti on Thursday then the next day I'm going to Chicago for the Beatlefest convention for the weekend. Who is going to either of the two?

I'm making the trip for Paul's show in Cincinatti on Thursday then the next day I'm going to Chicago for the Beatlefest convention for the weekend. Who is going to either of the two?

What night are you going to be at the fest? Gina (Berriesbabe)called me a few weeks ago and asked if I wanted to go, but I haven't heard from her since, so we didn't confirm anything. I can;t go Saturday, as I'm taking my girls to American Idol, but might try for one of the other days, still checking on things.

LC   

Pat, thanks for the review! Awesome! I've seen him three times, and you're right -- each one seems to get better. And more moving. I would so much love to hike over to Cincinnati, but it's not in the cards. I'll be in Pittsburgh on business the following week, and have too much to do between now and then. Besides, I don't always have a few hundred bucks lying around... although I've gotta say, Sir Paul is worth it!

Thanks again, my friend.

PS: Which five White Albums numbers did Paul do? I'm betting one of them was "Helter Skelter." He and the band really let loose on that one, don't they? Anyone who wants to play rock'n'roll music should watch him do that song.... So should all those who stereotype Paul as a singer of just "silly loves songs."

LC   

Just found the set list, Pat. It's here:

Chicago set list July 31, 2011

WOW!

I love that he's doing "I've Just Seen a Face" and "1985." And "Sing the Changes" is my favorite Macca song from the 2000s.... (But aren't there only four White Album songs?)

Your daughters are so awesome for getting you tix to that show, Pat. It speaks volumes for your positive relationship with 'em.

LC: The five songs from the White Album were: "I Will", "Helter Skelter", "Back In The USSR", "Blackbird", and "Ob-La-Di Ob La-Da".

While the whole show was incredible, "The Night Before" and "Maybe I'm Amazed" REALLY stuck out as highlights for me.

Yeah, as far as the girls go, I think I'll keep 'em! It was a huge thrill for me to take all of them a few years back to see the two living Beatles in the same year back in 2005. This time around, they wanted to surprise me.

John P   

What night are you going to be at the fest? Gina (Berriesbabe)called me a few weeks ago and asked if I wanted to go, but I haven't heard from her since, so we didn't confirm anything. I can;t go Saturday, as I'm taking my girls to American Idol, but might try for one of the other days, still checking on things.

I'm going Friday and Sunday, I did talk to Gina a few weeks ago about getting together but I haven't heard back from her.

Great time at the fest with my Raspberries buds, John P and Gina. John is a terrific guy and I hope everyone gets a chance to meet him at Tommy and Ira's shindig in Jersey coming up. I forgot how much I miss hangin' with Gina! It's been waaaaay too long since we'd hung out and I will not let it go that long again! Not to mention she was the best looking girl at the fest....but you already knew that!