Sign in to follow this  
phil

Beach Boys medley by The Guild

phil   

http://www.stlmusicyesterdays.com/Guild.htpm

Just scroll about 3/4 of the way down this page and click on Beach Boys medley.

This audio clip is of a group called The Guild They were from St. Louis, Mo and this medley absolutely kicks ass!! Michael McDonald a very noted musician was in the band and they play these classic Beach Boys songs so well!!! Enjoy!!

Phil

phil   

Try this:

http://www.stlmusicyesterdays.com/Guild.htm

There that should get the job done. Hey can you do "I Can Hear Music" on this medley as one of your shower numbers? Your shower songs are so awesome....problem is you might need a wall of sound and several more harmonizing singers....Yes I am glad you like the medley...You are right it is fantastice!!!

Phil

Hey Phil, "I Can Hear Music" is a great song, but you are right , I would need a bunch of guys to to do it with me! It is also on the high end of my full voice....I does not have the same impact in falsetto when I singit!

thanks for th compliment and vote of confidence!

bahoo

LC   

Hi Phil! Great stuff -- thanks for this find! Beach Boys songs never get old....

I also liked the version of "Always Something There to Remind Me." (Is that the Michael McDonald?)

phil   

Larry,

I am glad you liked it. Yes..that is the Michael McDonald..the blue eyed soul guy way back in his early days. I only saw the Guild once and it was October 1969 at my college's homecoming dance. They did this medley of Beach Boy songs and just blew me away!!!

Try to visit the "Come Around and See Me" thread with the Wheezetones Beatles medley. They are from Lincoln, Nebraska. The medley is 6 Beatle songs from 1964 and these sixty something rockers do a great job of energy, harmonizing and replicating these early Beatle classics!! They play a gig about every 2 months at Duggan's Pub in Lincoln. On June 10 they do one from 6:30 - 8:30. We're hoping to make it on this Baby Boomer friendly time!!! Wish you could make it too!! you would love it! Best of luck.

Phil