Sign in to follow this  
Tiggsherby

No Taylor Swift at the Grammies---Why?

I'm trying to figure out why Taylor Swift wasn't nominated nor mentioned (as far as I could tell) the entire night. (Except for her appearance a few times on a make-up commercial).

The album Fearless has amazing numbers and her popularity is unmatched across the Pop Kingdom....

Guest RACHAN   
Guest RACHAN

I wondered that myself...

My 12 year old is a HUGE fan of hers! (Thank GOD...the other music she likes is rap...please save me.)

I think fearless camem out in 2008 or 2009.

Speak Now came out on October of this past year (I think) so I don't know why that wasn't acknowledged.

I'm thrilled when my daughter listens to her.

She writes her own material,plays several instruments & can actually sing!

Bernie is correct. 'Fearless' was released in 2008 and received honors last calendar year. The cutoff date for this years' Grammy's was in September with 'Speak Now' being released on October 25th. She will be eligible for next years' awards. She is up for a bunch of ACM awards though.

Billy is right, I am in Tokyo right now. Just got back to my hotel room from an unforgettable night at Budokan. I still watch on a regular basis, KISS' record-setting shows in Japan in April 1977 that was the very first concert filmed and aired on HBO. The entire show exists on the first volume of KISSOLOGY DVD. The screaming, clapping, cheering, singing was exactly like the KISS show if not louder. Same as the Cheap Trick live album. It was the most surreal feeling walking onstage looking out at the seats knowing that The Beatles had left their mark there as well. I had goosebumps all day. It's such a cool place too because the seating is very much on top of you.

I gotta say, that when the lights went down and the start of the show began, it was like cranking those old shows up to 11 in my ears. The hair on my arms stood up and I got chills everywhere. The audience went ballistic. Tomorrow night we get to do it again.

PS.. we just HAD to soundcheck with "I Want You To Want Me" as I did my best Robin Zander/Rick Nielsen. It was awesome...

Take care all..

Paul

LC   

Thanks for filing such a nice report from the road, Paul. Great stuff! Here's to continued success on the tour and on the charts. That's such a great gig....

(To my daughters, Taylor Swift is the Beatles. Per the "Music our parents gave us" thread, she's a perfect example of "common ground" between dad and daughters.)

Guest RACHAN   
Guest RACHAN

You're right LC

My husband is not the most tolerant person.

He knows how much my daughter ADORES Taylor Swift.When one of the guys he works with told him he part times as a security gaurd at the stadium & offered to smuggle them in last year,he jumped at it.It was sold out & scalped tix were going for $800 & up.

He had to show up 2 hours early,jump thru all of these sneaky hoops...whatever.

When the show started they were standing in the front row!!

(There was actually a picture in the paper & there they were..my stepson sent it to me online with the topic being "Where's Waldad")He was the only 57 year old in stadium probably.

When he got his hearing back he said they had a really good time & he felt great seeing or daughter so mesmerized.

Her first concert ! smile

PS.. we just HAD to soundcheck with "I Want You To Want Me" as I did my best Robin Zander/Rick Nielsen. It was awesome...

Now that, I'd love to see!

Bernie

. . . an unforgettable night at Budokan. . . I gotta say, that when the lights went down and the start of the show began, it was like cranking those old shows up to 11 in my ears. The hair on my arms stood up and I got chills everywhere. The audience went ballistic. Tomorrow night we get to do it again.

. . .

Paul

That was great, sounds like a truly unforgettable concert!

Wow!!!

Are you here in Japan? Great!!!

I checked some blog and tweet and article about her performance.

They say "Amazing" "Awesome" "I had a ball"!!!

Set List

1. Sparks Fly

2. Mine

3. The Story Of US

4. Back to December

5. Better Than Revenge

6. Speak Now

7. Fearless

8. 15

9. You Belong With Me

10. Dear John

11. Enchanted

12. Long Live

(encore)

13. Love Story

And I found funny photo in Japan.

http://yfrog.com/hssouelj

I hope you'll have a great time in Japan with Taylor Swift heartpump

Quote:
Billy is right, I am in Tokyo right now. Just got back to my hotel room from an unforgettable night at Budokan. I still watch on a regular basis, KISS' record-setting shows in Japan in April 1977 that was the very first concert filmed and aired on HBO. The entire show exists on the first volume of KISSOLOGY DVD. The screaming, clapping, cheering, singing was exactly like the KISS show if not louder. Same as the Cheap Trick live album. It was the most surreal feeling walking onstage looking out at the seats knowing that The Beatles had left their mark there as well. I had goosebumps all day. It's such a cool place too because the seating is very much on top of you.

I gotta say, that when the lights went down and the start of the show began, it was like cranking those old shows up to 11 in my ears. The hair on my arms stood up and I got chills everywhere. The audience went ballistic. Tomorrow night we get to do it again.

Yes! Budokan is so special hall!!!

And may I say again?

Eric Carmen performed at Budokan

in 1979(YAMAHA World Popular Song Festival) and 1982(Rock Suoer Session)!!! LuvLove

Thanks for the update Paul!

Question for you...the set list provided from Adventurine did not have any songs from the First Album. Will the U.S. stadium tour have a different set list that hopefully goes back to Album 1?