Sign in to follow this  
Wickedgail2

Are we tired of Winter yet!?

I'm done! It has been so cold with no break for weeks now and I just need a little warmth! PLEASE!

To you gang in Cleveland with the lake effect snow my hat is off to you! I don't know how you put up with it!

Brrrrrrrrr.........

missm   

Yes, Gail, we are all tired of winter...even here in CA!! Sure it's sunny, but cold by our standards. Right now it's 63 degrees and I am in sweats, socks and bathrobe...

When it looks like this people are fooled into going outside...just to be hit with the cold!!

This is the way I like to see my pier...at sunset with a drink in my hand...

GMan   

I'm really sick of these @#$%^&* coastal storms...man, they really hammer the states that are right on the eastern seaboard. Sick of it Jersey!!!!!!!!!!!!

LC   

Here in central/eastern Massachusetts, we're looking at 12 to 18 inches of snow. It supposedly will arrive at around 4 in the morning. By early afternoon, school closings were streaming across the TV screen (my girls are psyched), and the obligatory run on groceries got underway.... Isn't this fun? crazy

Hey LC, Are you snowbound? LOL! I live in the Merrimack Valley area and we got socked! I am hard time opening my house doors because the storm doors swing out. It looks like I will have to go out the slider, LOL! I wonder how Missy is doing on the coast? I hope she is okay! Take it easy shoveling! grin

Here in the Sacramento Valley we are having a colder winter with night temps lower than freezing.

I think it goes in cycles. About twenty years ago we had snow that didn't melt for at least three days and when I was a kid I remember walking on the ice in the gutters.

No big deal compared to what's going on in some parts of the country.

Stay warm.

Belle

Well I have finally dug out my car. This was a hard thing for me to do because the snow is thigh high and I am short! After all the shoveling, my kid tells me the guy beeping at me was a friend of hers and he was gonna plow us out for free! I could kill her, LOL! I thought it was some annoying pain in the a$$! Well I am gonna have really toned arms by the time winter is over! New England weather, Gotta Love It!

Robin... I feel for you. I also am not the tallest person around and I do remember some winters when I thought I was going to have to have someone come and dig me out of a snowbank...your so right about the toned arms tho... crazy

darlene   

The snow is pretty, but then I don't have to shovel it. I think Herman's sick of using the snowblower.

I'm cold also. Thank goodness for thermal "Long Janes!" And toasty slippers.

I agree--way too cold for too long--everywhere this year.

One thing I'm grateful for--retirement. No more waiting for that global-connect message of "School is closed" or "Delayed Opening"! Nor making those snow days up.

:)--D

boopell   

We only have about 3 inches snow, but we do have plenty of ice.

Our area has been pretty much paralyzed since Friday morning.

The state is not really equipped for this to start with and then they ran out of salt.

We managed to get out yesterday, but by the time we got home everything was turning to ice...again. Indifferent

Tried to go to work this morning, saw a few cars going about 5 mph with their flashers on because the road was a nice shiny sheet of ice and chickened out.

Couldn't get that car that slid off the road and into the lake about a half mile from our house out of my mind. eek

Oh, and it's still snowing. Got a nice little layer over the ice.

Maybe tomorrow...

I have never had an accident and I slid on black ice a few weeks ago. That feeling of not being able to control the car is scary. I was going slow and slid into a tree. I'm glad the airbag didn't go off. Just a big dent to the front and hood.

LC   

Hey LC, Are you snowbound? LOL! I live in the Merrimack Valley area and we got socked! I am hard time opening my house doors because the storm doors swing out. It looks like I will have to go out the slider, LOL! I wonder how Missy is doing on the coast? I hope she is okay! Take it easy shoveling! grin

Hi Robyn. Well, I was snowbound in the morning — it was a good 14 inches of snow. We have a snow-plower who comes by for a reasonable price ($25), but I got out and did the sidewalks, back steps, and the huge (HUGE) snowbank at the end of the driveway, because I don't know if our plower could have pushed through it. So I got a good hour and a half of shoveling, and then was ready to get warm. I went out before dark and cleared of more snow that came down in the mid and late afternoon. But it was quite a dumping of white stuff!

Stay warm!

Best,

Larry

Did your area lose power? One thing I don't understand is why we had to have so much TV coverage of the storm. I think they could have ended it by 10am. and update us as needed. Every Boston channel? We have no school tomorrow.

Guest Fresh   
Guest Fresh

On Tuesday, all the TV weathermen were saying 12 to 15 inches. We were ready for another blizzard. In reality, we got 7 inches in and around my area. Not too bad.

LC   

No, we never lost power.... I'm sure glad of that. I think it was two winters ago when we lost power for four days in frigid weather. We ended up after one night of shivering (and hoping power would come on any minute) going to a hotel. So... fingers crossed....