Sign in to follow this  
Al K

6 Years Ago Today...

darlene   

sthom! So good to see you here once again! STAY!

I still call it "The Dream," and it came true! I never lost faith since the first batch of Berries broke up so long ago that they would indeed get back together again one day. Even EC.comers thought I was out of my mind. But it DID happen. And in this world, I never rule any possibility out. I never say "Never!"

I LOVE remembering that first reunion concert night and the preparations leading up to it. And the euphoria and wild ride after it. I remember being at the end of the greet line because I had met Dennis "The Fly" Ferrante and got totally caught up in conversation with him! The guys had just given 300% at that LONG, amazing concert, and were pretty wiped out.

Eric was just leaning back, relaxing on the couch when I got to him. I had already talked to Dave and Jim and the lights were already dimmed so I hurried through without even telling them my name. It was more important to me to let them know how fantastic they were. When I got to Eric, I told him how amazing they were, and then decided I should identify myself and said, "I'm Darlene." He asked, "You're Darlene?!" Then he started telling me he liked my posts! He had actually read everyone's posts and remembered us all, what we were like and what we had said on the board! That amazed me. I was so shocked I almost fell on Wally.

What a night! It will always live on in my heart as a total dream come true. Always.

:)--D

Yea sthom3521, I remember you bringing the Goldmine article to our parents' house some 16 years ago. By then, Eric had established his successful solo career but you couldn't find anything on the Raspberries. Ken did such a great job with the article.

And Steve, remember at the first reunion concert in Cleveland, we thought - for about 2 seconds - of doing the "Waynes World" "we're not worthy" bit when we got to the Rasps. at the meet and greet? Your nephew Scott, who was with us, would have run out of the place with his coat over his head!

darlene said:

Eric was just leaning back, relaxing on the couch when I got to him. I had already talked to Dave and Jim and the lights were already dimmed so I hurried through without even telling them my name. It was more important to me to let them know how fantastic they were. When I got to Eric, I told him how amazing they were, and then decided I should identify myself and said, "I'm Darlene." He asked, "You're Darlene?!" Then he started telling me he liked my posts! He had actually read everyone's posts and remembered us all, what we were like and what we had said on the board! That amazed me. I was so shocked I almost fell on Wally.

Ok, Dar...let me get this straight.

You said, and I quote: "Eric was just leaning back, relaxing on the couch when I got to him."

Then you explained that he started telling you he liked your posts which amazed you and since that also shocked you, you almost fell on...WALLY????????"

Yeah, FYI---please re-read the first nine words of your quote.

Just pointing out another option (and the obvious) when falling, fainting, swooning, passing out, collapsing, toppling over, blacking out or damn...just diving right in, etc...

Some opportunities only come around once.

I'm just sayin'... ;)

darlene said:

. . . What a night! It will always live on in my heart as a total dream come true. Always.

This thread certainly was fantastic to read, thanks to everyone's stories that make me feel as if I was there. And Darlene, I just noticed that your name is included, among great celebrities, in the "Acknowledgements" section of Bernie and Ken's Eric Carmen: Marathon Man.

Halo raspathens - I am responding almost 9 months late (better late than never). YES, your son would have done definitely acted like "I don't know them...they're insane." Who cares? hahaha. And Darlene...I've been out of circulation here again (lost my password and was lazy).