Aventurine

I Found You, Eric!

Hello!

I joined this board today.

This is the reason why that I joined this board.

I loved Eric since I was a teen.

His voice and music always gives me joy and an ease.

He is the best song writer , best artist for me.

I am Japanese. I'm not good at English. I write this paper as my poor English with an interpreter. I worry about whether one's thought is handed down to members well.

But I want to tell you my experience about Eric.

Please remember about Yamaha World Popular Song Festival in 1979.

Thing or - - that Eric was exposed to how hot shout of joy and praise in this year and next year, in Japan.

I know whether Eric takes a hot shout of joy then in Japan, and it is loved, and it was respected.

I was in love with Eric then. And I came to love the music that Eric created deeply.

But Eric has disappeared in front of us after having finished many concerts leaving "Eric Carmen", "Boats Against The Current", four pieces of albums of "Change Of Heart" "Tonight You Are Mine".

Five years later, the album taken out in a Geffen label did not arrive with us. It was not released in Japan. The information is poor, and it is the times when the distribution was not free. ... that I did not know the album. Except some enthusiastic fans, Eric has disappeared in front of many fans. He dosen't say "Sayonara"(Good Bye) either; ...

It is the actual situation in Japan.

I waited still, but the information of Eric hardly entered with me. I did not know that the thing of "Winter Dreams".I didn't know he visited Japan by promotion either.

I thought that he stopped music activity.

Eric became "the legend" among me.

However,I found him on the Internet again one year ago!!! (^o^)

And I knew his work after 80's and news of the Raspberries Reunion!

I want to fly to U.S.A. immediately very delightfully; felt.

But the tour was not performed then.Why? While I examined it, I knew for the troubles that Eric has gone through the last few years. I feel so sorry.

But I thought that he surely reopened activity.

However, it was a thing called "The Raspberries will not tour again."

I became the feeling that "lost" him again.

He came back to the stage with much effort. However, because the stage can deny that I stood before I went to meet! !

But Eric said "I loved my experience in Japan and look forward to going back someday, perhaps to perform."

I look forward to the new challenge that you begin.

• Like 2

angelina   

Welcome Aventurine.....this is a wonderful place for fans of ec's throughout the world.......Please don't worry about your English, many of us born in Brooklyn still struggle with that language. :)

Angelina, second moon,

Thank you for your gentle words.

And there were the words that encouraged me in this "wonderful place" besides.

"We are all the same,and we are all one"

"Let's stay positive shall we?"

The words of Eric encouraged me.

I'm not good at English,but I love Eric.

Therefore I came to here!

I pray for happiness of fans of Eric and Eric.

LC   
Aventurine said:
I know whether Eric takes a hot shout of joy then in Japan, and it is loved, and it was respected. I was in love with Eric then. And I came to love the music that Eric created deeply.

But Eric has disappeared in front of us after having finished many concerts leaving "Eric Carmen", "Boats Against The Current", four pieces of albums of "Change Of Heart" "Tonight You Are Mine".

Five years later, the album taken out in a Geffen label did not arrive with us. It was not released in Japan.

Another welcome to the board, Aventurine. I love that phrase you used: "hot shout of joy." What a great way to describe any great pop/rock and rock'n'roll artist, including Raspberries and Eric Carmen. I've never heard that.

Also, I hope you ended up finding Eric's Geffen album. There are some great "hot shouts of joy" there, but the ballads stand out most, at least for me: "She Remembered," "I'm Through With Love", and "The Way We Used to Be."

darlene   

A HUNDRED WELCOMES TO YOU, AVENTURINE!!!

:spin::spin::spin:

I am glad you "found Eric" here! You will LOVE it here!

I see you love it already!

Great post! Wendy can read and speak Japanese, so you will be very comfortable here!

:)--Darlene

Thank you,LC.

I got all albums of raspberries in both Geffen album and "winter dreams"!

"Raspberries TONIGHT" and "Marathon man" obtain it at Japanese auction ,too and read now. To cover a blank of 30 years when I lost Eric.

Thank you,darlene.

The friend of Wendy speaks very beautiful Japanese.

It is very elegant Japanese. I love it.

Aventurine said:
The friend of Wendy speaks very beautiful Japanese.

It is very elegant Japanese. I love it.

I will make sure I tell her as she isn't Japanese. :)

Thank you!

LC   

One of my favorite "new member" posts—our great friend Aventurine, a.k.a. Naeko. :-) 

I'm going for a Trifecta! 

• Like 3

LC   

Yes, yes, yes! You are sweet by nature, but a fierce tiger when you have to be! Negotiator extraordinaire! 

tiger.jpg

• Like 2

James   

Naeko was sweet.  What changed her, I think, was that she started representing my dog, "Cato", on facebook,....in his negotiations against ME!!!    

I think that´s when Naeko turned into a wolf. :-)

P.S. Naeko, Cato says hi. :-)

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎年‎12‎月‎19‎日 at 8:32 AM, James said:

Naeko was sweet.  What changed her, I think, was that she started representing my dog, "Cato", on facebook,....in his negotiations against ME!!!    

I think that´s when Naeko turned into a wolf. :-)

P.S. Naeko, Cato says hi. :-)

It was not your sweet CATO, it was Tony Cartmil to make me a wolf or a tiger....
It showed that it was the begginning the battle with Tony! :eyecrazy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1