Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

Big Star vs. Raspberries

mr jason   

"In The Streets"

"I Know What I Want"

I love slightly wrong song titles!

My favourite one though was when my bassist Jim (many years ago) said that one of our songs sounded like that Rolling Stones song "I'm Not Satisfied".

Hahaha!

That made us laugh for years after!

angelina   

Too many funny lines in that... :lol:

That was brilliant. Hmmmmmmm "we can go to my place for sushi while we watch Raspberries Live on Sunset Strip"! Sounds like someone is getting lucky thanks in part to Eric and the boyz! LOL

This is hilarious!!!!

mr jason said:
"In The Streets"

"I Know What I Want"

I love slightly wrong song titles!

Haha! Duly noted. I guess I was typing too fast :) The video's been corrected.

My Raspberries loving credentials cannot be questioned...HOWEVER...I will make a case for Big Star...'Thirteen', Ballad of El Goodo','Back Of A Car'...alot more to the band than just three songs.I would place the Raspberries above them, but they were great themselves.

Not a very colorful couple!....

I wonder how the seduction scene back at Brad's place would go... Bernie, could you indulge us with a "sequel".... you know, one that shows how GATW can add pizazz to what would otherwise be a snorer of a love scene (without getting graphic of course)...

Crg2   

Creepy-funny!! Sort of pares down those hipster personalities to their respective lowest common denominators.

You can like both groups, though.

In my head, that ancient comparison/conflict is an "Apples-Oranges" proposition. As a grade schooler, I heard the older kids in my neighborhood play both, and it never occurred to me to compare them.

In the end, Eric's music ruled the 1970's, while Big Star did that decadent, self-destructive "Big Star Thing", an update on that time-honored Southern practice of "Losing (their) Religion".

Big Star and Raspberries, to me, are two different things. Both gooooooooood.

Crg2   

A footnote: It still erks me that I wasn't a hip enough 7 year-old to beg my Mom and grandparents to take me to see the Raspberries play King's Island's Timberwolf Ampitheatre in the summer. That would have been an ultimate memory to carry with me!!