Sign in to follow this  
WC1215

Five Years Ago

WC1215   

Excitement was building as the first Berries show in over 30 years was approaching. What started as a one off show built into more than anybody could have predicted. It doesn't seem possible five years have passed.

marlene   

WOW !!! Hard to believe it's been 5 YEARS !! Really??!!!

5 YEARS ?!?!?!! I remember it like it was yesterday....what a great time !

Ain't that the truth, Marlene!

You know every once in a while I get to thinking that maybe, just maybe, someone made a deal with the devil to pull the whole thing off.

I trace back the slow demise of my relationship to that fateful day that I made plans to go to that concert (I was going, and that was that)...and look at how many other relationships have fallen apart within our "community" over the last five years???? Hmmmm, so who was it....I have an ideal but I'll keep it to myself. So, was it worth it, deal with the devil maker????

darlene   

It's absolutely unbelievable that it's been five years, but it has. What a magic time...we all became believers and realized that anything is possible if you wish hard enough.

Another concert--or concerts...I'm wishing...very hard!...

:)--Darlene

Reid C.   

I am right there with you, Darlene. I was most fortunate to get to attend far more than my share of their concerts. However, Raspberries are much like salted cashews. Once the can is open, you just can't stop! :D

phil   

Gene,

Those were just fantastic photos! Thanks for your excellent work. Most of them I have never seen before. I came to know Raspberries only shortly before that concert. But one can only hope that there will be a concert down the road. It would be a good thing for the band and many others! Put it on your prayer list or think positive thoughts toward that goal!

Phil

Great photos, Gene. What an awesome, AWESOME night that was!!! I can't believe 5 years has passed! To put 5 years into perspective, Raspberries released all four of their studio albums in 4 years...between 1972 and 1974!

Bernie

Razzy   

I know that Jeff and I will never forget that night...I have never had that 'magical' feeling before at a concert. Don't know that I will ever have that again...unless...there is another! Thanks for helping us relive the memories of that wonderful night!

5 years ago I thought I was "All by Myself" when it came to being an EC and Berries fan,especially living in New Zealand. Then one day nearly 4 years ago, just for fun, Muzza Googled "Eric Carmen" and the rest as they say is history.

Since then we have both joined this "family",visited America twice and met some truly wonderful people and actually met Eric Carmen and Jim Bonfanti.

We have also become the largest exporters of Choc Fish in New Zealand!! :):):)

That was a night I will never forget and I'm so glad I made the snowy drive to Cleveland. I met so many people from here, including the band, and it was just so surreal. It seems unbelievable that it was five years ago.

Gene, nobody takes photos like you!

arghhhh.... five years ago I didn't know this board existed nor that there was a group of EC and 'Berries fans out there NOR that they were playing again!!!! Okay guys, time to kick it up again for us newbies who missed out 5 years ago!!!

rockynrobyn1977 said:

I'd even be happy to see a homemade solo in front of the web-cam!

Well, I would like a solo performance... 1:1, mano a mano, etc!! Okay, it would be cool if my fellow EC admirers were there too.....