Sign in to follow this  
Ron Sutton

Eric singing at Phillies game

I went to a Phillies game tonight to see ex-Indian pitcher Cliff Lee Pitch. Bottom of the 9th innning when Cliff Came out to take the mound they played Eric's All By Myself" over the stadium loud speakers and it sounded great. You could even hear it on the televison broadcast.

Ron

Almost any time a rival player takes a penalty at a Detroit Red Wings home game, they play "All By Myself" when the player skates to the box. I already knew this, but unfortunately, experienced it again tonight when my Blackhawks took too many penalties there in a 3-2 loss.

Shelley   

They never play it at Cleveland sports events.

Thats a darn shame...your the HOMETOWN boy..they don't know a good thing when they have you right in their backyard arrgh

A few years ago, when the Indians and the Red Sox were slugging it out in the playoffs for the American League Championship, I actually tried calling the Indians management office, before one of the critical games, to suggest "Go All The Way." I never heard back from them.

I'm sure they played the obligatory Gary Glitter and John Fogerty that night.

Duh.

Guest Fresh   
Guest Fresh

Eric, hi! Did you get to see the scene in Life On Mars where they played the entire song during the party scene? If so, any comments? Rob.

angelina   

This time of year at Yankee Stadium I love hearing Guns 'n Roses' "Welcome To The Jungle" played right before the game and Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York" right after it.

This time of year at CitiField......I can hear crickets. baby

"A few years ago, when the Indians and the Red Sox were slugging it out in the playoffs for the American League Championship, I actually tried calling the Indians management office, before one of the critical games, to suggest "Go All The Way." I never heard back from them."

That's when a good PR person comes in handy.

Hey Eric...don't know if you have touched on this topic or not....but what did you think of the Phillies deal for Cliff Lee? I can't beleive we got him and Ben Francisco for 4 minor leaguers, who weren't in the Phillies plans anytime soon!

If any of you are watching the games.....look for me on TV....I'm the Beerman with the Yellow Jersey with #36 on the back. I just love this job at playoff time!!!!!!

Billy   

Over the past few summers at Mets games I have heard Crusin Music, Go All the Way, I Wanna be with You and Make Me Lose Control during batting practice and between innings.