Sign in to follow this  
ira

"Caint Do Mucha Nuthin"

ira   

Yesterday I had cataract surgery.

It seems to be workin' already.

When I looked at my dog Styxx post-op...I discovered that he actually was a very friendly and warm Mynx cat all these years and that I didn't know it.

I looked in rhe mirror and discovered that I'd been bald for years and that everyone was too polite to mention it.

Anyhoo...Dr's orders...For 2 weeks...

No driving...No heavy lifting...No treadmill...No flying!

I can take long walks with my dog...cook a little...watch t.v. and read.

Anyone got suggestions for me and for anyone when they're laid up of good books..shows to watch...or ANY activities that can be enjoyed while taking it easy.

I'd appreciate your suggestions cool

By the way....Thae avatar above is not a symbol for me bein' cool...It's an avatar of me wearin' dorky glasses in the sunlight and in brightly lit rooms. smile

Shelley   

Take it easy Ira. Make a big bowl of popcorn and pop one of your favorite movies into the DVR, or VCR, or sit back and pop in a CD of your favorite music, or you could go into the kitchen and create something yummy..(while listening to a favorite CD) A nap now and then wouldn't hurt either//hope you have a speedy recovery

ira   

Thanks Shelley...I got a 5 movie set of Jerry Lewis flicks...As much as I like him...Can watching seven and a half hours of Jerry's hyper-activity make one's head actually explode? :yikes:

I believe that if my head exploded...it would undo some of the benefits of my cataract surgery.

Ecstasy   

Maybe you need a calmer, steadier influence --- like a John Wayne marathon? My favorite would be Big Jake or Quiet Man. (Although I was watching Rio Bravo last night. grin)

Maybe you need a calmer, steadier influence --- like a John Wayne marathon? My favorite would be Big Jake or Quiet Man. (Although I was watching Rio Bravo last night. grin)

Ecstasy,

I too watched Rio Bravo back and forth with the All Star Game. Good flick. I missed the end. Did Colorado (Ricky Nelson)or Walter Brennan die?

missm   

Relaxing and moving away from the keyboard is good advice. Yes, turn on the t.v and listen to the programs on TVLand. I am sure you have seen most of them so you don't really need to look at the screen. eyecool

Okay, after you read this, you can do the things mentioned above. spinwink

darlene   

How about lying back, relaxing and closing those eyes and listening to some of "Old Blue Eyes'" best? When I need to relax I listen to him or Streisand's old albums that I loved in college.

I wouldn't read too much or sit at the computer. The screen bothers my eyes after awhile and I haven't had surgery.

While you listen to music, you can have Lori minister to you with a soothing back massage (with body oil?!) or an all-over body massage (with body oil?!) and then drift off to sleep.

Before drifting off to sleep ask her if she would pretty-please make your favorite meal and just indulge after you wake up. If this sounds like a bit of fantasy land, you might just be able to attain it by telling Lori you'll repay the favor when she needs it.

:)--Love, Dar

PS, Now play nice, guys or don't PM each other! The PMs are beginning to sound like P M S ! :-)

I agree missm... or better yet why get tempted with the visual at all? After such a big operation on ones eyes I can think of no better time to indulge yourself in listening to music. Perhaps something calming, or perhaps some CDs you've been meaning to listen to for awhile but didn't have the time to or even some old faves you haven't heard in a while. Most of the local libraries have CDs that you can borrow and that's a great/ inexpensive way of listening to music you might not be familiar with but heard good reviews about. Happy listening Ira and get well. TT

Ecstasy   

MissM is right in that computer screens are very harsh on the eyes (especially in an unlit room!) Is there something less 'technical' you can do --- sort through family photos and put them in albums, rearrange your CDs in the changer (we always have to neaten ours up), alphabetize your DVDs...? These would be less stressful on the eyes.

Ecstasy   

Tommy --- ROFLOL Have you ever SEEN Rio Bravo? Neither dies, honey. Rent it and watch it to the end when you can. Worth every penny. (John and I swear there's a scene that Walter Brennan ad libs because the look on Dean Martin's face and his laughter seems quite unexpected.)

I was on bedrest for about 6 weeks when I was pregnant with the twins. Someone suggested a coloring book and crayons.. which of course I laughed at. But after a couple of weeks I found myself coloring in my older boys' books.

Best of luck on your recovery!!!

ira   

Tony...I do have ONE Dire Straits CD...And I did see "Grease" in the 70's.

Tony...Did the Beatles really break up? crying

Hey Ira,,,,

Is laughing to strenuous after cataract surgery...if you like, I can send you a couple of pictures of me....they would make anyone roll over laughing...take care buddy....Valorie

missm   

Is anyone here familiar with the film "Shane"? If so, please tell me if Shane dies at the end. My hubby has tried for years to convince me that at the end Shane slumps over and falls off of his horse, indicating he died. Well, maybe hubby just enjoys watching me sit with one eyeball to within 1" of the t.v. screen trying to see if that happens. haha

Please tell me...please...please... spin

ira   

missm...Shane at the end of the film joins the Raspberries as an Overdub for their 2010 Reunion Tour and reaffirms our faith that all is right in the world. smile

ira   

Yeah John...I was given these old lady Brighton Beach Sunglasses which come "free" with a $1,400 cataract replacement lens...But I am wearing my own $10 not bad looking ones when walking in the sun.

When I can drive in 2 weeks...It's off to Brooklyn's Brennan And Carr for a big sloppy roast beef sandwich! LuvLove

Is anyone here familiar with the film "Shane"? If so, please tell me if Shane dies at the end. My hubby has tried for years to convince me that at the end Shane slumps over and falls off of his horse, indicating he died. Well, maybe hubby just enjoys watching me sit with one eyeball to within 1" of the t.v. screen trying to see if that happens. haha

Please tell me...please...please... spin

Shane does not die but now your hubby will have both of us with one eyeball within 1' of the tv screen at the end of the movie next time it's on.

ira   

Well...They said I can walk even after surgery...So today I took a 9 mile walk...Shopped...dropped off my dog for a grooming...Listened on IPOD to "Retrospective

The Best Of Herman's Hermits"...

With the right attitude..."It Ain't No Sin To Be Glad You're Alive"-B. Springsteen...or to quote Mr. Felix Cavaliere...Poet Laureate of the Rascals...It was a "Beautiful Morning"!

Muzza   

Ira.... hope your recovery continues to go well. I had to smile when you mentioned listening to your I-Pod considering the surgery you had!!!! grin

Muzza and Kiwi