Sign in to follow this  
ira

Lousy Sequels!

ira   

:yikes:...What are some of the lousiest sequels in movies,TV shows and songs,...IYHO (In Your Humble Opinions)?

While "Judy's Turn to Cry" by Leslie Gore might be one of the best and most successful sequels in rock and roll history...This tune by Little Peggy March which followed and sounded like her smash..."I Will Follow Him" sucks!...IMHO!

Take a listen if you dare to "I Wish I Was A Princess"!...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWq_biF_mUg

Now it's your turn to name a sequel or two from popular culture that you despised.

ira   

While looking for Peggy March on youtube I found this weird number from 2008 in Germany.

My guess is that it was a hit in Europe...It's awful but better than the sequel I just posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov-kTxQKW70&feature=related

BTW...For anyone who's seen the wonderful HBO Emmy-Winning film..."Don Rickles...Mr. Warmth"...There's a quick shot of a marquee where Peggy is opening for Rickles and 10 seconds of her performing..."I Will Follow Him"...

Enough tangents....

What aere some lousy sequels that you unfortunately recall?

missm   

spin Ira, what is wrong with this cute gem by Little Peggy? I have never heard it until now, but it is interesting. No I would not purchase it on purpose, nor would I listen to it again without first jamming two of my knitting needles in my ears.

Worst, most pointless movie of music sequels... Movie - Terminator Rise of the Machines. Music - not a sequel, but a remake...Knock on Wood.. arrgh

missm   

Ira, here is an awful movie remake - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club with The Bee Gees (wrote the lyric for my signature) and Peter (I still love him) Frampton. It was nice watching those very fine fellows on the screen, but well at that age I was not concerned with "acting abilities".

Guest Fresh   
Guest Fresh

Actually I felt the original Sgt. Peppers' movie was disappointing.It was like a collection of unrelated scenes strung together without any creative input.That was like 1978 or '79, wasn't it?

ira   

Wow! John...You even liked the sequel after the sequels...But that's in part 'cause you love the teen version of our beautiful "Million Dollar Baby"...Hillary Swank. hypno

ira   

One CLASSIC bad sequel is "Caddyshack II.

To me it's kinda like creating a sequel to the "Old Testament" and the "New Testament".

It was sorta like "Testament III" starring Tony Danza as Moses. :yikes:

ira   

I was just thinking that the classic series "MASH" gave birth to a sequel named "After MASH".

Things don't get much worse than that IMHO!.

ira   

"The New Adventures Of Old Christine" with Julia Louis Dreyfuss...ain't bad for a post-Seinfeld alumnus effort IMHO.

Kirk   

That was the best of the bunch, Ira. However, as witty and comfy Julia was as a part of the supporting cast in Seinfeld, she wasn't able to carry a show as the star. She was never as natural in her own show. IMHO.

ira   

So...Speaking of sequels...anybody know wht's the L-O-N-G-E-S-T! RUNNING MOVIE SERIES (Films starring the same lead character) in movie history...It has run well over 40 years....

This is NOT! a trick question...The answer is the obvious one. crazy

The New Adventures of Old Christine is actually a pretty good show. I don't watch it regularly, but when I have seen it, it's been pretty good, and funny. Good supporting characters and good writing usually make a show.