Raspbernie

Recording "Tonight You're Mine"

61 posts in this topic

This week we're featuring four unpublished photos of Eric cutting a vocal track for one of the tunes on his Arista LP Tonight You're Mine. These photos were taken at an L.A. studio in 1979. Unfortunately, the lyrics sheet that Eric has propped up next to his microphone stand isn't legible, otherwise we'd be able to tell exactly which song off the album he was recording here. Nonetheless, a rare look at Eric in the studio. Enjoy!

One question - who is Stan? LOL or is that like a name brand on his shirt? Nice pics Bernie.

MJ....you must put your reading glasses on! It does say UTAH. lol...Maybe you could borrow Mr. Grim's glasses? Another nice candid shot.

These are SO cool !! Cigarette = raspy voice, right ? (I KNOW I read that SOMEwhere.... happy )

Gotta agree with Suzanne and GMan, MJ..I'm pretty sure I'm reading "UTAH" on the shirt, too !

Yeah - well that's scary I HAD my glasses on - perhaps I should go back to bed now lol. Sorry!

Another set of wonderful pictures Bernie! Hollies.. I agree that he does look like he belongs in the Grease or American Graffitti movies. They were released about the same time - 1978-79?

HT

Actually these photos were taken in a Karaoke bar in Japan, circa 1980. Before video screens were invented, people sang from mimeograghed handwritten paper sheets. Upon close inspection, I believe Eric was singing "The Devil Went Down To Georgia".

Dave

now, mj, in your defense I actually could see how you would read it as "stan"...if you scroll down fast enough, it does look like it.

and which one of our tech savvy boarders will be the one to enhance the song title on the sheet so we can know what song it is???

Thank you Annie for your support lol. I can't read a thing when I first get up - I have no clue why I even turn on the computer screen ahahahaha. P.S. Eric those are very nice photos of you.

Maybe they should have cast Eric as Danny Zuko. He sure sings a hell of a lot better than John Travolta! lol haha

I Love these photo's

I remember those style shirts

But none of the guys I knew would have it buttoned so low.

Nice treat, Bernie! Thanks!!

I remember wearing similar shirts in that time frame that had the same neck line- and there weren't any more buttons to button! Good thing I was built like Eric back then laugh

I Love these photo's

I remember those style shirts

But none of the guys I knew would have it buttoned so low.

WORD! Beth. And what happen to tight jeans on men? In the 70's all of "our" guys wore them. Baggy jeans, ugh! I feel sorry for my niece Katharyn. She'll never know what it is to look at a guy with great long hair, lean body and pants that aren't hanging from his thighs! To quote my late friend Tim: "Youth of America, pull up your pants!" eek

now, mj, in your defense I actually could see how you would read it as "stan"...if you scroll down fast enough, it does look like it.

and which one of our tech savvy boarders will be the one to enhance the song title on the sheet so we can know what song it is???

So... you're suggesting that MJ just "scrolled down fast" rather than giving these wonderful pics a nice slow observation?

laugh

Originally posted by Bessieboo:

And what happen to tight jeans on men? In the 70's all of "our" guys wore them.

Once again I am forced to harken back to an article in Hit Parader that was done on Eric right around the time "Boats" came out, if I recall my times correctly... where he was quoted as saying, in jest I imagine, that he planned to write a song with the opening line "My pants are tight, and I mean it!"

Once again I am forced to harken back to an article in Hit Parader that was done on Eric right around the time "Boats" came out, if I recall my times correctly... where he was quoted as saying, in jest I imagine, that he planned to write a song with the opening line "My pants are tight, and I mean it!"

Damn straight Paulie! Or should I say...Damn tight! wink

Yeah, you're right about tight pants, WendyWorld. I sure wish the guys my age had the figure for them, though! And when I see videos of Raspberries, I do notice the uh... the shirts, that's it. Yeah, the shirts. What pants? Tight?

Nothing clears my genetically near-sighted eyes more than a man with a nice, tight... cigarette in his mouth! (And I don't need reading glasses to see the pictures, LOL!)

haha

Heh...I'm your age and I look the same in tight pants now as I did 30 years ago. Tight pants just are not comfortable...

You know PM....things can get a little uncomfortable for us guys.....like our voices go up a few octaves...so...I'm with Steve on that one. lol wink

I'd rather see tight jeans, than guys with their underwear hanging out, and they start walking and their pants fall down! (And we're talking boxers, so it's not an eyeful either way!!!) crazyeek

Heh...I'm your age and I look the same in tight pants now as I did 30 years ago. Tight pants just are not comfortable...

And neither are spikey high heels, but we know you guys love 'em. And I'm sure you'd look maaaaahvelous in tight pants if you still can wear them! Come on, give us a thrill! wink