Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

Ovation Balladeer

ovation_balladeer-01.jpg

Check out this set of unpublished photographs of Eric playing a vintage acoustic Ovation Balladeer at the Record Plant in New York City while recording a tune for Raspberries Side 3 album.

I have the exact same guitar, but I wonder who ended up with his. Unlike Wally who kept all of his original guitars, Eric didn't keep any. Imagine how many musical memories that great acoustic guitar could tell!

We all know that Joan Jett has Eric's famous white Gibson Melody Maker, but I've always wondered who ended up with the black model—identical to the white one except for its color? If anyone ever sees it hanging on the wall of a guitar shop, do me a favor and let me know. I'd love to have one of Eric's guitars!

Bernie

• Like 1

Raspbernie said:

We all know that Joan Jett has Eric's famous white Gibson Melody Maker, but I've always wondered who ended up with the black model—identical to the white one except for its color? If anyone ever sees it hanging on the wall of a guitar shop, do me a favor and let me know. I'd love to have one of Eric's guitars!

C'mon Eric. Be a sport. Give Bernie one of your guitars.

susana   

Gracias, gracias, gracias, Bernie. I got my hands on every copy of a pic from that shoot I possibly could...absolutely my favorite at the time. (I guess maybe it's the one version e saw, too.)

Too bad the hat was worn out. Would be nice to see it for comparison's sake today. Heck, I looked all over for a similar version when the pic was released - love that hat!

It's been a rough week and kind of rocky month...and you just made it much better. Thank you again, Bernie.

S*

He is amazing isn't he? I have always wondered at how he keeps the dedication as strong as day one. At that time there was no way anyone thought any of this has a chance to happen. A toast to Sir Bernie!

darlene   

He *still* keeps pulling things out of his magic bag of tricks, after all these years!

A way cool picture of Eric. Doesn't matter what the guitar was like--it sounded great and it looks good, and so does Eric.

Maybe Bernie has the guitar in *his* closet and doesn't know it--it's buried under all those great pictures!

Thanks again, Bern, for a super-cool walk down memory lane. (Thankfully!) it never ends!!!

:) --Dar

Muzza   
darlene said:

He *still* keeps pulling things out of his magic bag of tricks, after all these years!

I reckon its a chest not a bag hes got Darlene. Have any of you seen Bernie's chest???? :lol:

Muzza :cool:

Muzza said:

Have any of you seen Bernie's chest????

I did...in my dream, when I was swimming in his indoor pool.

Oh...you meant another kind of chest...never mind! ;):lol:

LC   

As Eric said back in 2009, Bernie: How do you find this stuff? :-)