Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

The Cyrus Erie

Ecstasy   

Hey, Larry, a warm welcome to you!!! Glad to see another new face (or should I say signature? LOL) Please make yourself at home and jump right in! This is a great group of people here... a family really... and I'm sure you'll fit right in. Hope to get to know you soon! :)

boopell   

Yes, Welcome Larry!! :)

And a big ol' Howdy from a fellow East Tennessean!!

WQUT-Tri-Cities--I'm in Morristown!

This is a fun place to be with lots of friendly, supportive people!

Danny S.   

First...the Ford van. A friend of the family had one, and my(late) father being a mechanic was always "called to look at his van"..needless to say I heard some pretty heavy duty 'words" come out of My Dad's mouth...

Like Darlene said "Bucyrus Erie" was a heavy equipment company(Mostly cranes, and huge backhoes), however The Cyrus Erie West was a club here in Cleveland, back in the '60's

And recently the complete shopping center that housed the Cyrus Erie West was torn down. I think the only building still standing in the Greater Cleveland area that housed a "teen club" and honed the chops of the brother berries is the old Chesterland Hullabaloo building which I believe is now a carpet store.

Danny S.   

The Chesterland Hullaballoo building is still standing, and Turney's hardware owns it.its used for their lawnmower/power equipment sales/and service.Boy if those walls could talk....I spent "many an evening "there, diggin the music, and chaisin'what us City boys called"Farm Girls"..A few pitchers of 3.2 beer(anyone remember that?)and, well.......... :lol:

JonKaase   

I had always heard that the name came from Bucyrus Erie also. We used to travel to different venues to watch them. The Hullaballoo Scene in North Ridgeville was one. Outside of Cleveland Public Autotorium before the Door's concert, '67 or '68. .... Jon

rosi   

I still remember hearing them play"I've got a feeling" at Chesterland.A friend had an older brother who used to drive us there from Garfield Heights where I grew up.

These pictures bring back lots of fun memories. I worked at Chesterland Hullabaloo and Cyrus Erie was a great band! Thanks Bernie! Danny, farm girls? Yeah, we used to tease the guys from the city that they'd have to pack a lunch for their trip to come out to the country to see us!! Those were the good old days, huh?

My apologies to all of you outside the U.S. Memorial Day is a big holiday that officially starts the summer and I was (ahem) taking a day off—even the webmeister deserves a little break every now and then! The new photo will be posted later this morning :-)

Bernie