Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

At The Record Plant

the_record_plant-01.jpg

the_record_plant-02.jpg

the_record_plant-03.jpg

This week's rare photos are from the private collection of Jim Bonfanti and take us back to the glory days of Raspberries circa 1972.

The first photo shows Record Plant engineer Shelly Yakus at the mixing console during a recording session for Raspberries' first Capitol LP. Shelly worked alongside producer Jimmy Ienner and assistant engineer Dennis "The Fly" Ferrante at New York City's Record Plant, where all four Raspberries LPs were recorded.

The second photo shows a promotional Record Plant "wooden nickle" that Jim has kept in his possession for the past 35 years.

The third photo is a terrific snapshot of Wally Bryson holding his personal copy of the group's first gold record for Raspberries' smash hit "Go All The Way."

Bernie

MJ   

I was taken aback by the first photo I'm expecting a Berrie lol. As usual you are the king of the great photos - Wally needed new soles on his shoes - with that gold record he could have afforded a new pair lmfao :P

LC   

As always, thanks, Bernie. It's nice to see Shelly Yakus get some "ink" — especially while he was working on that first 'berries album.

And it's also nice to see our favorite guitar hero looking so happy... That must be an unforgettable experience, getting your first gold record. I bet Wally would get a nice nostalgia blitz out of that one...

missy   

Great pics once again, thankyou. I wonder where that gold record is hanging now, Eric's home? Or is that Wally's personal one? I know everyone usually gets a copy. Nice to see a "behind the scenes" person like Shelly Yakus to keep things interesting.

AnniekNY   

That is a wonderful picture of Wally - think of what a thrill that must have been to be 20-something and have a gold record. Nice to see the behind the scenes shots, too! I want to see a picture of Dennis from that time period!!!!!

darlene   

Great to see Shelly at the mixing board and what a terrific trip down Memory Lane seeing Wally with his first gold record! That smile could light up California!

Thanks for these truly great photos!

:) --Darlene

LC   

Ever wonder what Bernie's first "Rare Photo of the Week" was? Well, now you know... almost 11 years after the fact.

Where'd everybody go? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nancy   

Perhaps Bernie. I think a lot of them are connected as friends on Facebook. Perhaps they just got tired of waiting for Eric to return to the board. He's really missed here.

Nancy.

Kirk   

I try not to comment on everything...it looks pretty silly when every topic has my as the latest post.

LC   

Maybe we need a regular EC.com party. A reunion of past members. A place where past members can check in to tell the few remaining posters among us how they're doing.... Because I do wonder about old friends who've disappeared....

• Like 3

Kirk   

That would be fun, and a good idea.  Might be difficult to organize in these days of instant messaging, where there is immediate response and gratification.  

• Like 1

susie b   

If we are taking attendence, I'm here.

Agreed, we do need some incentive to bring folks home to EC.com.

I think lots of people are tweeting since EC is there.

• Like 1

LC   

Hey Jay! Great to see you here! Hoping you're doing okay—we need to have a catch-up phone call.

—LC