Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

"Fresh" Photo Session

Muzza   
Bessieboo said:

Musician's no longer need to wear clothing around me.

Um.... I'm still thinking what this means BessieBoo :huh:

Muzza :cool:

On 6/30/2008 at 6:26 PM, Tony Cartmill said:

Women fans...Sheeez! They ruin Rock & Roll!

Excuse me????? Why I'll have you know, I resemble that remark - thank you very much!

Hold on...that didn't sound right, did it? That's enough caffine for me today or I'm gonna get myself in trouble! ;)

On 7/1/2008 at 0:05 AM, Laura said:

Bernie, why do two of the pictures have red stars on them-do you know?

In the good old days of film (remember film?), a photographer would make a set of contact prints of all of the images from a photo shoot and the art director would inspect them using a loupe to enlarge the photos. He would then mark the ones he liked with a red grease pencil. Those frames he marked would usually then be printed as 8x10 photographs. From these photographs, the art director would make his final selection. These black and white photos were taken for the back cover of Fresh. The one they finally chose is on the album itself, the ones in this thread are alternates they considered.

The only issue the road crew had with the suits is that we had to carry around a couple of extra wardrobe road cases that were about 5 ft tall and 3 ft deep and wide. In addition, along with moving the equipment, setting it up and all the normal road crew duties, we had to find a dry cleaner with 1 hour service to clean the suits.

A little known fact; Wally kept one of those cases and we striped the guts and at times it now has become a road case for guitars (not to often, hard to handle). Raspberry red in color and it still carries the original Raspberries logo.

Nice suits ! I remember having one and another called irredescent (sic). Man O man we were cool ! Had to play AND look the part at Battle of the Bands. Doubt very highly if I'd look good in it now :( nevertheless FUN FUN FUN

Wow Bernie, I Love these too...big surprise hee hee!! But honestly, I look at them in those white suits and I am getting "Night Fever" and it has nuttin' at all to do with disco orrrrr John Travolta! ;)

elle4ec   

Hey, it's exactly at those times when we women tend to fantasize. It's innocent fun, really it is...can't wait until next weeks' picture, can you girls? By the way, thanks Wendy, I like you too!

GMan   

Hey guys....did we all forget why we learned to play and be in a band in the first place?? It was to meet the ladies...Am I right??? ;)

darlene   

It's great to see the pictures that didn't make the album. Look at those smiles! Young, gorgeous, talented and optomistic! I think those suits are cool, and obviously very well made.

And I don't think they had one thing to do with labelling either. The boys had the POOREST promotion I've ever seen. I used to complain to "the powers that be" about it, but all the complaints fell on deaf ears. It was so bad that at one of their New York shows I called Eric out from backstage to ask who I had to see to complain about the poor promotion. No, it definitely wasn't the suites. It was the jackasses who were, or should I say WEREN'T, promoting them.

Looking at this big photo, it seems like only yesterday....ahhhhhhh....

Thanks, Bernie!

:) --Dar

On 7/5/2008 at 4:22 PM, Bessieboo said:

And yes, I am Crazy about a well dress man

WORD! Beth...

I love a man in a sharp suit...but most of all in a Tuxedo! OMGOSH...class!

I loved the idea of the suits but was also glad when they moved beyond that. If their goal was indeed to emulate the Beatles, then they were attempting to emulate a band that themselves grew as time progressed... from the "mop-top" quartet in matching suits to more "stylish" for the times in dress and hair... as well as music.

Personally I prefer the later versions of each band... Raspberries efforts on Side 3 and Starting Over (and "Live" of course... ;) ) and the Beatles during the latter half of their time together...

Still... I love this walk down memory lane. Thanks again for this blast from the past Bernie. :lol:

these are *classic*... thx bernie, keep 'em coming

the white suits are cool ... but ya should have seen them in the Raspberry colored suits ... that was REALLY cool!

have these ever been captured in a photo? never seen 'em..

darlene   

PM, you dreamed that someone *posted* that they were putting a new album together? Now, go to bed tonight and dream that they *are* putting a new album together. You'll get us all there yet if you dream hard enough!

:) --Darlene