Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

The Choir

The year I was born...interesting styles!

Danny Klawon has that "Peter Noone" look about him...the other fellow close to Dave looks sooooooo serious! Another "Great Rare Photo" brought to us by Numero Uno Bernie!! Thanks again so much for sharing...wonderful way to start a new day and a new week!

*Vera*

JohnO   

These guys, as well as Ken Margolis on keyboards/vocals, were the lineup at the Choir reunion shows in March 2006 at the Beachland Ballroom.

Those shows were definitely videotaped...just wondering if any of that footage ever materialized anywhere. In this day and age, it's odd that nothing's shown up on youtube from the two shows. (Everything else under the sun certainly has!)

JohnO   

For what it's worth, Norton Records taped both opening sets by The Alarm Clocks those nights, for a live album "to be released shortly". Nothing's been seen of that footage either!

I remember being blown away as a kid over at the Burke's house [i was friends with two of Dave's younger brothers] by Dave's bass playing. To this day he's one of the best players I've ever heard.

LC   
On 9/22/2008 at 7:42 AM, Raspbernie said:

the_choir-01.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen...the Choir, circa 1965-66! From left to right: Dave Burke, Dave Smalley, Jim Bonfanti, Danny Klawon & Wally Bryson.

Bernie

The Choir! Pretty cool. Raspberries roots... 

• Like 1