Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

Rock Hall Set To Rock!

Gene   

Billy, I hate I don't get to see you with Herman... but I'll be there for Friday night. However, you'll be near Atlanta soon, maybe I can drop in!

I was just working on my taxes and thought about you. I ran across a receipt for some sorta place in Strongsville OH. Seems I remember you playing there that night. I hope it is a legit deduction. If not, drop by the debtor's prison and play me a song.

sllvnbil   

if I'm at liberty to say,,the replacement Overdub is Paul Christensen of Michael Stanley and the Resonators along with myself & Jennifer. Paul's a wonderful talented very versitile musician, plays keyboards and sax and sings. Paul has played on some of my recordings and also played on Scott McCarl's "Play On" CD along with myself. Paul Sidoti's role in this band was very important,,,, very big shoes to fill. Paul Christensen seemed to be the logical chioce.

With the boys already gathered rehearsing, if I lived in Cleveland I'd keep my ear close to the club scene for an unnanounced "unknown" band with a psuedomyn name. (Quarryman would be funny). Also afterwards, it seems a waste to not take advantage of a freshly rehearsed band. that has their bass player in the same zip code..

No pressure EC, playing in your hometown, at the Hall of Fame, in front of Rock and Roll dignataries, perhaps cracking the door for a future induction, and cementing your legacy.. ;)

LC   
Seattle Steve said:

No pressure EC, playing in your hometown, at the Hall of Fame, in front of Rock and Roll dignitaries, perhaps cracking the door for a future induction, and cementing your legacy.. ;)

:) Good stuff, Steve!

Of course, if influence is a driver for Rock Hall inductees, the 'berries would be in already.

On another note... does anyone know whether the Friday night performance will be recorded? I sure hope so....

sllvnbil said:

Peter then offered me the position full time. I sent an e-mail to all the Raspberries, Overdubs and Al explaining my situation. I told them that my availability would be slimmer than before but I will always try to make it happen to play with the Raspberries if the occasion arises. I'm gonna try to play with both bands.

Congrats, Billy on becoming one of Herman's Hermits, too! That's mega fab! Peter Noone was my very first pop star idol and I still admire him because he's always such a nice, crazy guy and really kind to his fans. "My Sentimental Friend" and "Silhouettes", especially, take me right back. It would be great if HH came over and did a tour in the UK ~ it's been a while. He probably won't remember, but a few years ago at a gig, Peter changed the words at the end of "I Can Take or Leave Your Loving" to mention EricCarmen.com (I was sitting in the front row wearing an EC.com t-shirt).

Well done Billy! Enjoy! :cool:

darlene   

Congratulations, Billy!!!

:):):)

So happy for you! And SO glad you're playing with Raspberries also!

All kinds of excitement going on!!!

:) --Love, Darlene

There's a picture of Peter Noone singing in Saturday's Chicago Suntimes (page fifteen) and right there in the background, bottom corner, is our own, Billy Sullivan!

darlene   

Thanks, Pat. How ultra cool is that???!!! I LOVE IT! I always loved Peter Noone and Herman's Hermits. Had a crush on Peter. I was once travelling by bus near Chicago when he boarded. I was beside myself but too shy to say anything to him back in my pre-Raspberries days.

After discovering Raspberries just 3 years later found me barreling my way through a humongous crowd to the front of the stage in Central Park and crawling in the mud under a police barricade. Even shyness couldn't hold my enthusiasm back once I heard their music!

:) --Darlene

AnneG   
darlene said:

After discovering Raspberries just 3 years later found me barreling my way through a humongous crowd to the front of the stage in Central Park and crawling in the mud under a police barricade.

:) --Darlene

I wish I had a picture of that!! ;)