Sign in to follow this  
Bessieboo

Let's Pretend (Slow Version)

Wow Thanks Bernie ! You are the best !!

I Love this verson as much as the original.

Although.... that little break in EC's voice does cause shivers. heartpump

elle4ec   

Bernie, I can see why everyone on this board appreciates you so much! I feel like I have been given a portion of a "berried treasure" that few have access to! This slow version is beautiful! Thanks again Bernie for all that you do for us EC fans.

LC   
elle4ec said:

Bernie, I can see why everyone on this board appreciates you so much! I feel like I have been given a portion of a "berried treasure" that few have access to! This slow version is beautiful! Thanks again Bernie for all that you do for us EC fans.

Hey --- "berried treasure." Great line, Elle. And you're right -- Bernie is the king of making sure we get access to rarities, many that we might never have heard....

elle4ec   

Thanks LC! I've noticed also that I agree with your point of view on many of your posts and I appreciate your sense of humor. Great to see such thoughtful, sincere people with a common passion!

elle4ec   
hollies65 said:

Hey! What about thoughtless,insincere,people who you don't agree with at all!

I suppose it takes all kinds of people to set the stage for a successful sounding board! Some people really "live for the debate". I'm not afraid to express my opinion, but I don't usually like to "rock the boat",(but that doesn't mean I'm not one of the "Boats Against The Current To The End"),hey, I'm just paddling, trying to keep afloat out here!

Yep...To quote Robert Palmer 'It takes every kinda of people...To make the world go round."

It would be a boring world if no one expressed a differing opinion.The thing that gets things ugly is when personal attacks occur...other than that it's just good debate.

darlene   

Bernie, Thanks SO much for opening your personal vault and sharing another gorgeous treasure once again! You're the absolute BEST!!!

I've always adored the slow version of "Let's Pretend." From first hearing it twisted my heart and moved me to tears and it still does. And Bernie's studio recording is a national treasure: all the planets lined up for this one.

Eric (and everyone else) is in the very best possible voice of a lifetime and the performance couldn't be more perfect.

Transitioning this slow version of "Let's Pretend" into "Starting Over" showcases Eric's genius--what perfection!

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT.

No, I absolutely ADORE IT!!!

:) --Darlene

Thanks Bernie!

The slow and mellow Let's Pretend sounds even better than the original did...If the Raspberries ever record a new album this kind of take on this classic song would be the perfect choice to introduce the world to what they missed back in the 70's...I don't know how their gonna work the bridge in...but there's gotta be a way...This has just given me major chills...

Tony Cartmill said:

Sweet! But, if this is a studio recording, why is there applause at beginning and end?

This sounds like a live performance in a small club.

I write this stuff for a reason:

"No one is really sure where this performance was recorded or exactly when, but all of the evidence points to a RARE in-studio radio station performance by the band: the small audience, the quality of the stereo recording, Eric's mumbling of the expletive at the start of "Starting Over" (not appropriate for radio broadcast), as well as comments Eric makes about volume adjustments to his headphones."

:)