Sign in to follow this  
MJ

Your Most Prized Raspberries Possession

mannoman   
Quote:
My original 4 vinyl LP's still in the shrink-wrap
I was told long ago that leaving the shrink wrap on is a no-no. The plastic will continue to shrink, over time, and could cause warping of the vinyl. Is your's still ok (playable)?

mannoman   

This doesn't fit into the 'vintage' category but I am the proud owner of the final proof for Bernie's book "Raspberries Tonight." One of these days I'll see if I can get Bernie, Ken, Eric, Wally, Dave and Jim to autograph it. I forgot to bring it to Cleveland.

susana   

I think Kirk's postcard comes pretty close to taking the "group cake" in my book. (Big envy over that one.) Have several EC solo mementoes and tough to choose a fave. Also like Tim's comment about meeting board members.

Tangibly speaking (to paraphrase austinberries), my favorite group memento has to be my poster from the Saturday, October 13, 1973, show - signed by all on Saturday, October 13, 2007. (Yeah, I'm never going to get over that whole kismet thing, so you guys will just have to live with it. :lol: )

S-Girl

• Like 1

BEATNUT   

Hello all!

It has to be my mint 'Fresh Raspberries album.

I saw the boys at the Highline Ballroom Sun. 10/14 and had the VIP tickets.

I waited on line from 2pm until about 3pm when they started showing up.

First Eric and Wally..I was so nervous my wife was laughing at me. I'm 50! LOL...

Anyway, I walked up to Eric and said Oh man, it's great to finally see you! He said yes, and it's great to see you too!

Anyway, i'm holding my album but it was in a yellow xray enevelope and I hadn't taken it out yet..it still had the plastic on it. So I pulled off the plastic...as we're waiting, all 12 of us...next thing you know Jim gets out of a cab .. I had my album face out this time and like a moth to a flame..Jim walks right over to me so I said "Hi Jim, does this guy look familiar? He said he sure does, do you mind if I sign it? My wife said you looked like it was Mickey Mantle signing a baseball..hahahah..

Well long story short, they all signed it for me and now it's framed with my tickets and hanging on my wall.

They are such a phenomenon. It's like there are only extreme die hard Rasberries fans and I just don't get it.

You would think they'd sell out Madison Square Garden instead of playing at these small venues.

Anyway, i've been long bitten by the Raspberries bug since 1972.

They're just in my blood, I have no explanation.

BEATNUT   

Yeah you're right..this is the place for the die hard fans! LOL..

BTW, I was talking to Wally and Jim at the soundcheck that day, I have great pics. I'll post some on my next post...anyway, I told this story to the guys..I said I bought this album for $2.99 down in New Orleans in July 1973.

Still in the wrapper. I only took it off so they could all sign it.

They told me man...our fans lasted longer than we did!!

BEATNUT   

This is me and Jim...I really like this pic..maybe someone out there recognizes me.I met a really nice fellow there who I this came from Ohio and he sat at a table with me and my wife.

beatnut01.jpg

Since the original question was what VINTAGE piece was your most prized possession I gave a different answer. While my vintage piece is pretty neat (thank you Mellie!) my most treasured Raspberries possession is the photo of Steve & me with Eric taken at WAB.

darlene   

How cool to have a piano key autographed by Eric!

My Trenton symphony conductor has the piano Rachmaninov played at the Trenton War Memorial! I'd love to get a picture of that piano, and better yet, a key so I could have Eric autograph that!

:) --Darlene

Mine would be the photo(s) of Eric and me in Cleveland that Gene took on 12.14.07. My top prize possession would be the picture just a few seconds before I was to meet Eric. It is the worse pic of me, but you can see in my face how nervous I was. Thanks again Gene for capturing that "Kodak moment!!!" :)

John P said:

My self made T-Shirt.

That shirt was great, John....you should find a way to mass produce them and sell them here.

I traded my most prized Raspberries possession a few years ago to someone on this board: It was a Raspberries Greatest Hits Album on red vinyl...who was it here....I want it back!?! :)