Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

Message Board Discussion

Hey everybody. I'm thinking about making some adjustments on the Message Board due to sheer size of the community and number of posts. I made some cosmetic adjustments this morning to the Main FORUM Page to set the stage for more changes.

How do you feel about breaking up the main Message Board into sub-categories? Something along the lines of MUSIC/IN CONCERT/ASK ERIC—

Of course, I could always just leave it just the way it is :-) What do you think?

Bernie

mellie   

I think breaking it out in sub-cats is a great idea. Sometimes I go back a month later to verify something I read (as opposed to something I dreamed up) and it would make it easier to search categories. You could have one sub-cat called Statistics by Don ;) Keep them all together, you know!

Bill C   

I think it's a god Idea too. Especially the ask Eric thing. I love looking at his responses to anything and this way it would all be in one spot.

Okay. ASK ERIC is sort of a no-brainer, so I'm going with that. I'm also going to break Community into two parts: Music and Everything Else. There's lots of talk about non-Eric/Raspberries bands/music and it seems to make sense that those posts belong together. I'll set it up and let's see how we like it. It'll take a little while to move posts to where they belong, but on first glance it looks promising :-)

Bernie

Billy K.   

Definitely an improvement, Bernie!......makes it easier to look back and find a specific post....

Hard to look for info on NASCAR, when you are dealing with a list including Gary Puckett and Rush!! :)

Bernie, what if you titled the catagories after Eric's songs? "Music" could be "That's rock n Roll", "Ask Eric" could be "All By Myself" and so on...

Just an idea...

Jeff

darlene   

Looking good! It's much easier for us to find certain subjects and no doubt easier for Eric to answer questions without having to scout around for them. Congratulations for taking it to yet another great level!

:) --Darlene

Hey! Check out the nifty "New Message Board Topics" box that I just added to the top right of the MAIN PAGE of EricCarmen.com! It's a dynamic feed that updates as new messages are added to the Board. Pretty cool, eh?

Bernie

LC   

Jeff, that was a great idea, and Bernie, great execution. It was awesome before; now it's even better.

And wow! Seems like it's drawing a crowd... (100-plus guests on a Sunday afternoon?)

--LC

Kirk   

Nice job, Bernie. Can you imagine, with all the members now, if it was still the old format; we had only one place to post, and it would be disjointed and hard to follow. Now there are SEVEN places to post. Hypothetically, if you had the last post in all seven categories, what would that be called? Kirk.

popdude   
Kirk said:

Hypothetically, if you had the last post in all seven categories, what would that be called? Kirk.

A severe lack of anything resembling a life. :lol::lol: