Sign in to follow this  
raspberrywolf

Website Design Suggestions

Good Day Raspbernie and all fellow "Raspberriesfriends", I know I am super new here so I am just tossing out some ideas...because I am 'new', it also makes me 'fresh eyes' so to speak. I LOVE the site first and foremost as it is a great community of people and a wonderful way to also acknowledge that Eric Carmen deserves his own lil sacred spot on the web! I was just wondering what you think of these ideas...: 'transitions to pages so we don't feel we are ever 'actually' leaving the site even for a second ;-) . That's just one I am putting out there for now! Hi everybody from this newbie 'berrylover'!!

You bet Bernie...transitions from page to page from directory to forum and from forum home through to forum topic using like 'fade in' or 'fade outs' or many other of those type of page transitions. *Scratches head* I hope you get what I am trying to express. I know there are quite a few programs out there that allow for this. Thanks Bernie for taking the time to even consider this newbie's idea!

Ack! [scratches head] :blink: I still don't get what you're driving at. Maybe you're talking about websites that are all flash based? Hmmm. I don't know. I can tell you that I've worked pretty hard on the navigation here, and that's no small task considering how much info I've included over the years. No matter where you click at EC.com, you still stay at EC.com, and that includes all of the MENUS at the top of the page that take you to all kinds of wonderful places from discography to lyrics to videos to pictures. So I'm not sure why you think you leave when you click on something. MJ never leaves and I'm sure she leads a full life outside of EC.com!

:wacko:

Bernie

Kirk   

Perhaps fading one in before the other fades out (kind of superimposing them) is what the Rwolf is talking about.

LOL@MJ never leaving...perhaps flash hmmm...but I NEVER meant to infer that this wasn't already an amazing site and as a website/graphic designer I see all the hard work you have put into it...surprised you have a life outside EC.com ;-)!!! Honestly, it was only a suggestion to adding to the site...because it doesn't NEED improving in my eyes :-)

This 'junior member' would like to vote to be able to take back my suggestion please. It was only that, and in fact, if read with the true spirit of it's intent actually meant 'this site couldn't get much better' as I think it is amazing already, othewise I never would have joined. I am not confrontational, hurtful or spiteful...I am the type of person who sees a poor lil starving sparrow on a winter sidewalk and I will be the one who goes into a convenient store and come out with a bag of sunflowers so it may eat for that day. I am.......a tenderheart. Please from this, a most sincere heart, accept my appology if I have been misunderstood in this respect. I NEVER wish to offend my fellow board members. :(