Sign in to follow this  
LC

Member #1,000?

LC   

I was just noticing that in the not-too-distant future, EC.com will accept its 1,000th member. (At least I think so. It looks like we're into the 920s and counting, so maybe it'll take another couple of months or so....)

A thousand members: That's a landmark! Just think, Bernie: 999 people have signed up since you launched EC.com as Member #1. This might call for a celebration.... Maybe a Raspberries concert at your house?

My best guess is that there will be no #1000...

Not that we won't have that many members, but since I've been here, it seems that certain milestone numbers are skipped over... maybe being held for dignitaries, or perhaps just to stop people from trying to hold out to score a "magic" number...

Of course I could just be imagining things... you know the old saying: "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me."

;)

kayo   

I noticed gradually a lot of things on this board.

Languages is very difficult.

I took matters easy.

I feel my stupidity.

I have a trust,I will love Eric Carmen, Raspberries and his fan.

kayo :)

LC   

I noticed that the membership count is edging ever closer to 1,000. We're up to #986 (hi, Sherberries) and counting....

PS: Where has Kayo been lately? I know you had a trip to Seattle in early February.... Let us know if you made it over to Cleveland.

aggiesjc   

I have to comment on Kayo's last post, too. Bravo to you for learning English, Kayo. Your ability with it is impressive, and you should never feel stupid. I wish I could speak and write a second language as well as you do.

LC   

Hey--how come Dino seemed to be the 1000th member, but shows up as Member #1018 on the directory page? That means #1000 was whoever signed up 18 members ago.... Must have to do with folks having "un-registered" over the years? I dunno....

The "extra" numbers are both from people who have had their memberships revoked due to breaking the rules, as well as spammers who managed to get through the tight security at EC.com :-)

Bernie

darlene   

AHA! So it truly IS a REAL 1000!!!! Oh, Pauliemississippi, ye of little faith! It *did* happen. Now go out and buy a little mustard seed amulet to wear so you won't be so pessimistic again. ;)

DINO, A HUNDRED WELCOMES TO YOU!!!!

:spin::spin::spin:

Wow, MEMBER #1000 !!!! Very auspicious beginning for you. And a very nice number, too!!!

Congratulations!

What a great place to be, especially now that we are 1000 REAL, true, living and breathing members strong. (Some people re-registered under different screen names, but were the same members. Evidently, Bernie kept count and you are the 1,000th DIFFERENT member!)

And I remember when just my 1,000th post seemed so very far away!

Congratulations, Eric, Bernie and Kathy and EC.com! WAY TO GO!!!

:) ---Darlene

• Like 1

pauliemississippi said:

Kayo, no offense, but your posts make me smile like I do when I visit engrish.com! :lol:

in Asia, we read about the misuse of Chinese words in Western culture on Hanzi Smatter. i've yet to see any misuse of English sink to this level of ignorance!

kayo   

i'm sorry to have kept silent for such a long time.

i puzzled to wall of language!(?)

but i cheered Eric's music all the time!!

i'm all right!! :)

kayo