Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

Resurrecting the Press Archive

Pardon the dust in the EC.com navigation bar! I've started reformatting *all* of the articles in our Press Archive from 1970 to the present. Most of the links in the PRESS section of the website will not be accessible until I get the files reformatted and uploaded. In doing so, I am aware of the fact that the new website design will allow for better quality pictures accompanying the articles and will start rescanning most of them once the articles have been keyed in and are accessible. I anticipate having all of this done in a week or so. This is the biggest job left in transferring the old EC.com over to the new one, and once it is accomplished, all of the historical files housed here will be up-to-date! Right now, the 1970-74 files have been uploaded. I also updated the sections covering 2005 and 2006!

Bernie

Let's see... Eric is his friend...we are here to encourage and enjoy... Seems like what he lacks in time he might make up for with motivation! :)

You do indeed do an awe-inspiring job Bernie. Thanks for keeping the place in order and updated.

darlene   

Or, maybe he has a boss like I do, :angry: and he needs to find joyful stuff to keep him sane and "block it out" when he's not at work.

My boss called me in for a meeting the other day, because I e-mailed him that once again he had "abrogated his responsibility" and tried to push it onto me. (I guess he thought I was being cheeky, while I was merely being truthful). When I left the hour-long meeting, I realized he had not made ONE comment about any action to fix the problems he's created. You've got to admire the guy--he's made an art form out of doing nothing. :lol:

So I've decided it's time to construct a battering ram of sorts... ;)

My passions are playing the violin and Raspberries and Eric Carmen music (and Bernie's passion--this website!) Happily, they all work beautifully for me.

Bernie's "labour of love" is indeed amazing. He's like EC and Raspberries are with the music

--always better, always on to the next level. Thanks, once again, fair webmaster! :cool:

:) --D

Here's what's been uploaded so far: 1970-1984, 2004-2006! More to come. It's fun reading all of the news from when it happened…there are some pretty cool articles. Check them out!

Bernie

2000 was a loooooong year! It's amazing how many major newspapers covered the All-Starr tour that year. It seems that interest in Mr. Starr's annual concerts have waned in recent years. Either that or the 2000 line-up was one of the best of all time! You know what my vote is :-)

Bernie

And the Press Archive is…(drumroll, please)…COMPLETE! There's a ton on information in there, folks. Poke around a bit. It beats reading the newspaper or playing SuDoku :-)

Bernie