Sign in to follow this  
LC

I've always liked to use avatars of characters who I enjoy... and who I can find good "quotes" from for my "signature"... which reminds me, gotta find a new "Red Green" quote to rotate in...

Plus... my beard's gone pretty much gray... ;)

BarbB   

HT, not nearly enough! I have several pairs, but some of them need to be replaced with ones that are more in style. I had double foot surgery this week, so I am waiting until they heal and then...well...you can bet I will be buying a new pair of RED shoes! I do have a great pair of red slip-on sneakers that I love. I take a lot of ribbing about those!

Barb

mellie   

Hey Barb - red is my favorite color. When I bought a new red leather coat last month, I told a coworker I need to find a new pair of red shoes. She looked at me like I was out of my mind. I don't even know how many pairs I have. While you're recouperating, check out this Fornarina - bottom left corner

BarbB   

Wow, Mellie, don't know that I've ever seen so many red shoes on one website before! That is quite a pair on the bottom! Makes my feet hurt right now just looking at them!

Red leather...good taste, Mellie!

I just found this thread, how fun to see a little bit more personality come through.

I chose my Avatar because like looks like my hubby and me. The romantic pose, waiting for a kiss expression, the coloring is correct, red lipstick, a little more gray at the temple and a mustache(him hot me), Just my style. :wub:

BarbB,

I love red as well, Most of my bags are now RED.

No matter what else I have on I have my big red purse.

Maryanne   

I just noticed this thread and found it pretty interesting. I chose my avatar because quite simply I just adore Wally!...... Always have. Always will...... This is one of my favorite pictures of him as an early Berrie. Anyone who really knows me would have guessed it was me even if my name wasn't right next to it! lol :)

I choose The Beatles" for the reason is that I like The Beatles.

Eric, Wally Dave and Jim like the Beatles, their music to Eric inspired them all to become Raspberries among all other great groups of Rock N Roll.

If it was not for The Beatles and all. I would not have noticed Or heard of Raspberries.

:)

LC   

Maryanne, maybe Bernie will add another Wally photo or two.... Did you ever see the "black-eye" shot of Wally on the inner sleeve of Fotomaker's 2nd album? Nice pic (I think it was black-and-white), but I can't remember how he got the black eye.... The story was over on Raspberries.net, as I recall. I'll have to go look for it....

--LC

Maryanne   

LC, No I had not noticed until you mentioned it. I just went and dug out my album. I recently purchased it on EBAY and when I looked at the jacket it didn't strike me as a black eye, I was thinking it was a shadow in the picture. After looking at it again

I'll be doggoned. He is sporting a shiner! I will have to go look and see if I can find the post you refer to. VERY INTERESTING!

Are you a Wally fan also??? Maryanne

LC   

Sure --- love Wally's guitar playing, as probably everyone here does. He has such a distinctive style, and he's so versatile. It doesn't matter if he's cranking up on things like "Tonight" or playing subtle little fills on things like "Overnight Sensation" and "If You Change Your Mind." He's the best either way....

That Vis-a-Vis album is really, really strong, as Fotomaker's first one was. But having two of Wally's songs on it put it over the top for me (I bought it back when it came out in the late 1970s). I still don't have it on CD, but I'll snag it off eBay one of these days.

Anyway, I'll try to find out about that shiner.... If anyone else here notices this thread and knows the answer, I don't mind if you save me the research.... smile

Maryanne   

LC , Do you own a copy of the TATTOO album.... I have one that I listen to and one sealed. I actually was fortunate enough to win them both when Bernie held the very first garage sale. It was dubbed THE BRYSON COLLECTION. Those 2 albums were included as was the pick that Wally used for the very first Reunion concert at the HOB in CLeveland..... Tattoo is sensational. I had never heard of it before I won it so I was so thrilled to have it for my collection. I never see it on ebay so I think it must be pretty rare...... Several Wally power pop songs!!! Also a rock version of It's Cold Outside ... Totally awesome I am anxious to see what items will be up for grabs at this next garage sale. Last year I snagged the power cord from Wally guitar. Has his name and the Raspberries logo printed on it....... Truely a one of a kind item... I was on pins and needles bidding for it!...These websites are so wonderful... We never had this sort of access to bands when I was a kid thats for sure!!! Maryanne

LC   

Maryann,

Nope, I don't have Tattoo record yet (or a tattoo, for that matter). But it sounds great. I should already have picked one up by now, however, so... I'll get right on it. (Besides, "sensational" is strong praise!)

BTW, did you happen to see the thread here a while back on a possible Fotomaker reunion? Not much to report on that, but I liked the idea that one person brought up: Fotomaker as opening act for eventual Raspberries dates.... That would be Power Pop Heaven.

http://www.ericcarmen.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000383#000000

Also, you'll want to check out this thread at Raspberries.net, if you haven't seen it. There's a rare pic of Wally playing on stage with Fotomaker in the 1970s....

http://raspberries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1570&start=0

Still looking for that black eye anecdote. Maybe I read it in Goldmine or something....

And yeah, these Web sites rock! I would have killed for this kind of info back in the day... and also during a long stint I had as a music magazine editor --- just prior to the Internet boom. It's pure gold to have EC.com, Raspberriesonline, and Raspberries.net, not to mention countless other sites of interest.

Maryanne   

LC...... yes I did hear about the possible FOTOMAKER reunion. I am really hoping it all comes together. I have never seen them in concert. I really enjoy the albums and think it would be a hoot to hear them in person. The talk was about a spring possiblity.... I am keeping my finers crossed! Maryanne