Sign in to follow this  
Raspbernie

The Winner: KIRK SMITH!

Anna R   

KIRK!!!!

I am SO happy for you.

I have to say that no one probably deserves it more, you are a TRUE fan of Eric's.

WOW- I can't imagine how excited you must be!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Anna

p.s.... I don't live too far either! :P

Kirk   

Thank you for all of the congratulatory wishes! I can think of a lot of deserving people on the board and feel very fortunate to have scored this prize :) I'll cherish it forever!! Kirk.

Kirk: ok ok so you won the guitar, everyone is congatulating you, including me...but I don't want a pic.... time to make a u tube video of you playing for us all to enjoy....will be waiting...

Wow Kirk! You didn't even have to dress up in a cat burgler suit, face paint and get chased by dobermans to get this one.

Still, I think it's more fun the usual way we get EC's prized possessions. don't you?... :cool:

Kirk   

(pssst, Dar, look on the first page :) )

I haven't played the guitar for a long time, but that aside, I'd like to know; would you play this beauty, or just hang it on the wall- a sort of mini shrine- your own little Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

Kirk   

Jay, of Gold Record fame, I like your thinking :) I could do a poll, but I was already leaning towards preservation...Thanks!

JohnO   

Kirk - If you really, really want to play it, I'd swap out that signed pickguard and set it aside for safekeeping.....and have a guitar repairman install a replacement pickguard, pickups, etc. Not major surgery....and you can buy a replacement, already-wired replacement strat pickguard in any Guitar Center or similar music shop.