Sign in to follow this  
JuliaD

uh oh!

darlene   

Congratulations! It looks like you're on your way to becoming a "mother-in-law"! smile

Congratulations to your son and daughter-in-law to be! A hundred years of good luck to all!

smile --Love, Darlene

Great news. We wish your son and fiancee all the best for their future life together. spinhappy

Does this mean your also on the road to being a grandmother? or are you one already?

Cheers

Marilyn and Murray

(Kiwi and Muzza)

marlene   

Congratulations to the happy couple ! I wish them many, many years of love and happiness.

So, Julia, how's everything going with the bakery ?? I hardly ever see you here. You MUST be busy....your cakes aren't only beautiful, they're SO YUMMY !! spinhappy

JuliaD   

thanks, everyone. According to them, the wedding isn't going to be for at least 2 yrs, but who knows... they live together, my son bought a house in October and Trish and her kids (not my sons kids) moved in with him.

No, I'm not a grandmother, and probably never will be, Trish feels "she's done", her youngest is 8, the oldest 10, and my son really never cared if he had kids or not. Trish isn't the healthiest person, either, she's got Lupus, and I think being satisfied with two healthy, happy kids is a good decision. The kids just call me Julia, I feel they've got two real grandmothers, and they deserve the title and all that goes with it.

Marlene, my store is closed, possibly for good. All the rain we had in June/July was too much for the roof of the building, which was flat, and unless I find a reasonably priced place, which isn't looking promising, that's that. The place I used to work is after me to come back, and I'm considering it. I'm sure I'll be making the wedding cake tho, unless they listen to my suggestion to have the wedding in Disney World. smile

AnniekNY   

Hey Julia, congrats on the upcoming nuptials..whenever they may be!

I am so sorry to hear about your store...I know the rains were torrential and some of the houses here in my neighborhood (including an expensive brand new one)have flat roofing. They were up there with brooms.

Will we see you at WAB?

AnneG   

Congratulations, Julia! 2 yrs is fine --just as long as they don't elope!!

There may not be a reasonable store location for you now, but I'm sure one will appear when the time is right.

Annie --that neighbor must have been a huge fan of Frank Lloyd Wright. No other sane reason to have a flat roof in the northeast!!

Anne

JuliaD, If you didn't go to Disney World every 2 months, You'd have enough money to hire some illegal aliens to put on a nice new roof for a cheap price! I mean, How many times does one need to ride "It's A Small World" anyway? wink

Laura   

JuliaD- What a mixed message! Congratulations on your son's engagement, and I feel so bad about your store. I hope you get a chance to give it a go again soon.

kazumi   

Julia, I am so sorry to hear about your store. But you have skill and nothing can take it from you. I truly think your cakes are wonderful and you are not only a cake decorator but an artist. I believe you will find a way.

Kazumi